Arby's vs. SUBWAY vs. Jersey Mike's

Discussion in Food & Drink started by mythman • Mar 28, 2014.

?

Arby's, SUBWAY, Jersey Mike's, Quiznos, Jimmy John's: Who Does Sandwiches Best?

1. Arby's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. SUBWAY

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Jersey Mike's

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. Quizno's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jimmy John's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Someplace Else (not necessarily "SOMEPLACE ELSE Deli & Bakery" LoL)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    These are three sandwich-places I've enjoyed (though there are other, more-'locally owned' places I also like). Which do I think is best? Probably the one that I live closest to ;) (Jersey Mike's)

SUBWAY ... what I don't like about SUBWAY is mostly 'semantics'---their slogan is "Eat Fresh," but all their ingredients come pre-sliced by some factory while Arby's--while they don't 'let you watch them prepare your food'--slices their meat fresh when you make your order.

Arby's is also quicker. That's the one thing I could possibly dislike about Jersey Mike's (which I think also slices fresh)---since they rarely have a 'rush' (a lunch- or dinner-CROWD), they don't usually have enough people working to get you your food FAST if there is a 'rush.'

(Granted; I don't 'follow the crowd' much, so the only 'rush' I've ever been at was once at Jersey Mike's).

Have YOU sampled

, &

? What's Your Fave (& Why)?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Interesting, I had never heard of Jersey Mikes, but I am very familiar with Arby's - it actually originated in my hometown of Youngstown, Ohio. In fact, some of the very first Arby's restaurants are still standing.

I liked Subway for a short while, when they were the only restaurant of their kind in my neck of the woods back in the early 90's. It was a nice change of pace from McDonalds and others. But as the years went on we got several much nicer sub places, such as Quiznos and one of my current favorites, Jimmy Johns. Their ingredients are much better as well as their service. Subway's food still kind of seems like junk food in comparison. Their lunch meats are heavily processed from cheaper cuts (everything is made from turkey). They are also rather skimpy with their meats and their fresh toppings look like they had been sitting around for a long time.

Arby's used to be one of my favorites, but it is also heavily processed and loaded with MSG. I do still love their roast beef, but it's a rare indulgence these days.