Are clothes cheaper at Target or Walmart?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Jan 5, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    For t-shirts, jeans and other nondescript clothing, I shop at discount stores. My favorite one is Target. To me, the offer the best quality clothes for less. I have wondered though if I could get a better deal at Walmart.

Does anyone know if clothes are cheaper at Target or Walmart?

th?id=H.4532995663202838&pid=15.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From my experience Walmart has cheaper clothes, but Target's clothes are way better quality, and they also have better style. I find Target has many nice trendy items, and Walmart is more basics. The one clothing item I got at Walmart quickly got really ugly and went to the trash.

3. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I would say Target offers less expensive clothes than Walmart because Target has a lot of choices in terms of clothes. I usually go to Target to purchase most of the stuff because it's close to where I live, plus it's convenient for me to just drive to Target because it's as many people as in Walmart, which I have a hard time waiting for checkout most of the time at Walmart. Target offers a lot of sales on clothing, which I often find good deals at the store.

4. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    If it is name brand jeans, it depends on the sales. As to store brands, I too have found some really nice things at Target that have held up. Walmart does have some consistent brands for like t shirts or tank tops, but I have to try them out for a while to see if I would re purchase the brand.

5. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say that cloths in my opinion are cheaper at Walmart than Target. I very seldom shop at target cause I have large family and I be trying to shop for bargains. Walmart has great discounts for a large family.

6. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure because I don't shop at either one for clothes a lot. I have only bought a hoodie from Walmart and have never bought any clothing items from Target. Target seems to have a better selection, though. If you're really looking for deals, Kmart is the place to go. They don't always have a lot to choose from, but their prices are good.

7. Nicole87

Nicole87Member

Threads:
    Like many have already said the clothes in Walmart are cheaper, but the clothes in Target are of better quality. And if you think about it, it might actually still be cheaper to buy your clothes from Target than Walmart if you consider the fact that low quality clothes probably won't last very long, and soon you'd have to buy new ones.

Besides, most of the clothes in Target simply look a lot better than the ones in Walmart.

8. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I think you're right about Target being better quality. I think both stores are similar in the style of clothes they offer - they tend to be a lot more plain and basic pieces. But Target may be a bit pricier, but the clothes are flatout nicer. Especially the shoes. Target has some great deals on shoes, especially ones on clearance. Walmart shoes are just really cheap and poorly made.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    This is very true.

The clothes are cheaper at Wal-mart, but that's in both price AND quality. You're better off just shopping at Target for clothes if you want them cheap, but would like to wear them more than once or twice. I find that Wal-mart clothes rarely make it through the washer more than couple times before they start wearing or tearing (or both). I call them "disposables." So I might use them for an outfit/event that I only plan to use once or twice and if the clothes last more than that...awesome....but if they don't, then no harm done.

10. Tisha

TishaNew Member

Threads:
    Yes clothing's are cheaper at Wal-mart, You can find better quality at Target which can be a little expensive. I found the best time to shop Target is when they are having a sale on children's clothing's.

11. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that in most cases, Walmart has the cheaper prices on clothing. It's important to me that the clothing I buy is made with quality. I've had a lot of success buying clothes from Target. They look better and tend to last longer. I'd say take a look at the quality of each before buying. It may be worth spending a couple extra bucks on Target items.

12. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that Walmart is cheaper and cheaper in style, but I'm not in full agreement that Target is any better quality.

I say the two are actually equal, which is why Target's prices are so annoying. Their name brand stuff is crap. It makes it through one or two washes (even if you skip the dryer) and eventually looks faded, stretched out or shrunk, and generally dull.

I've not bought anything from either store in over a decade, but baby clothes come to me from both stores all the time as hand me downs, and I won't even use them. The sizes are always off, the fasteners are always breaking, and they fade, rip, or stain easier than other clothes.

To be honest, Target and Walmart are convenient. This is why they seem like good deals. But if you are a good shopper, you can find really good clothes on sale for similar or lower prices at department stores. You just have to start shopping in off-seasons or end-of-season clearance.

13. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    Over all the clothes are cheaper at Walmart however I do believe that Target has a much better selection, better quality of clothing.

14. bms00

bms00Member

Threads:
    Wal-Mart has cheaper clothes than Target but Target's are better quality. That said, you can get better quality clothes cheaper by shopping the sales at Kohl's or even Macy's. Wal-Mart and Target have much lower initial prices, but it's a false economy.

15. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I usually shop at thrift stores to tell you the truth, you can find some like new stuff in there then I hit stores like Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx ect... I've done a bit of shopping at both Walmart and Target and it seems that clothes at Walmart a bit cheaper htan Target that's just been my experience.

16. zestytomato

zestytomatoNew Member

Threads:
    Like the above posts, Target has the perfect balance of quality and price. I love going to Target for swimsuits, pajamas, and loungewear. If you're determined to get your money's worth be prepared to spend at least an extra hour looking for bargains!

17. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to say Walmart.

I think Walmart has the lowest prices out of all the major discount retail stores. Walmart always has the cheapest prices on everything. Simply because they will match any rice. All you have to do is bring in the advertisement for the product, and if it lower than the price Walmart offers they will match it.

Based on that. The answer to this question is unanimously Walmart. Their policies show that they are truly invested in offering the lowest prices out there, and that business philosophy has worked very well for them over the years.