Are freebies/giveaways worth it?

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by orz • Nov 5, 2013.

1. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been fully sold on Freebies/Giveaways. Sure you get something for "free" but they're usually so worthless the time spent jumping through hoops doesn't seem worth it to me. What's more the information you give out through surveys or personal information benefits the business way more than the individual 9/10 times.

Thoughts?

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Generally speaking I don't think they are. The best I've had are some free shampoo's/moisturisers and stuff. A better bet is to enter competitions instead. I won an ipad and soundsystem 2 years ago from a competition.

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depends on what you want. It's not like you are supposed to enter into any free giveaway you see; if it's something you'd like, sign up for it and be happy. I got some food for my cat before, to know if she will like it or not..

4. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    If you have to fill out a survey or something, you have to consider the reward vs the time spent on the survey. Also consider that you are going to get tons of spam emails from signing up for something.

5. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I have found that the free giveaways are not worth my time. I was on a site for freebies, and it always seemed like I was filling out my information but not receiving anything. When I would receive a freebie, it would be a small sample size. That is okay, but it was not worth it. I did notice my spam emails were a lot more when I was trying to receive freebies. I was tried of it so I just stopped.

6. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    You're not jumping through hoops concerning the free sample options I post here. You fill out a form and they send you something for free through the mail for free. I love it. It works for them if their product is good enough that I become a person who will regularly purchase it and for me in that I get to try things for free. There is nothing better than free.

7. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    They are not worth it to me , because very seldom you get some things that are free that you don't have to pay or take some kind of survey to get. I truly think they are a waste of time

8. Collin1000

Collin1000Member

Threads:
    Depends on the freebie. What is useless to you might be very useful to someone else. Sure, I'm not interested in a lotion and shampoo freebie, but for someone else, that might be a great freebie. It all depends on what interests you. :)