Are Hot wheels dangerous?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Eagle910 • Apr 16, 2014.

1. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    Does anyone here buy their child Hot wheel cars?

I took my 2 year old to Walmart with me yesterday, and he really liked those mini hot wheel cars. Those cars are really small, and i am afraid that they will be a safety hazard. If he puts one of them in his mouth, do you think it is possible that he could swallow one of them?

What do you guys think of Hot wheel cars? Are they safe?

2. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    I use to play with those toy cars all the time when I was 3. Don't they come with a warning label that specifies the age range for the toy? Do you actually see your son putting his toys in his mouth? If not then its probably not a concern but if he does at all or has in the past I would wait a little longer.

3. megshoe

megshoeMember

Threads:
    If you're worried about the cars being a chocking hazard, perhaps buy bigger ones instead of the really tiny ones. Basically anything is a potential chocking hazard to a toddler, so just be watchful as you always would. They are not more dangerous than any other toy and I'm sure your child will love them :)

4. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I have to agree, buy bigger toys for now to keep your peace of mind. Usually the toys are required to be labeled for this exact reason, small kids. Just look around and you're bound to find the age warning on the package. If the label gives you the green light, you can trust that. Toy companies, especially the ones like Mattel (the manufacturer of Hot Wheels), know what they're doing.

5. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    I couldn't imagine anyone being able to swallow an entire Hot Wheel car. The only way that I could see them to even potentially be dangerous would be if a wheel or something broke off of it. However, that is unlikely, we've even run them over with the car and they don't really break, they just get crushed.

6. Elisa10

Elisa10New Member

Threads:
    I don't think so that Hot wheels toys are dangerous for kids, every kid like to play and these toys only for 3+ year old children.

7. secondhandsaint

secondhandsaintNew Member

Threads:
    Hot Wheels are totally safe. I used to let my son play with them when he was two years old. Like anything, it's all about watching them while they play. Two years old is too young to be playing unsupervised anyway. Just make sure you keep an eye on him, and he will be fine.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Every toy can be dangerous if you don't follow the appropriate age recommendation. A Hot Wheel should be perfectly safe for an older kid, but definitely not for a toddler. I' not sure if it's OK for a 2 year old, it's important to always look at the box and see the age advert. They are supposed to tell you in large and clear letters what age the toy is safe for.

9. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well if they're too small then just watch them while they play. Almost all toys are dangerous for kids specially when they're no older than 5 years old. Check on the box label if it's safe for your kids, otherwise just buy him a nice rubbery one.