Are iPods still worth it?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by beccagreen • Sep 18, 2014.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I do not think that ipods are still worth it. They don't offer much more features than what is already on a smart phone. Why buy an ipod if you can do all of that on a cell and call a person? I'd rather put music on my phone.

2. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Well, an ipod can definitely save yourself the phone battery. But is it worth the investment? I run all my music through phone nowadays and wouldn't go back to ipod just because I have everything available on my phone. I'd hate to run 2 devices again and switch them from hand to hand when I want to browse the internet and change music.

3. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    I see the ipod as one of the devices which became obsolete thanks to the advent of the smartphone. MP3 players have had the same fate as the standalone GPS units, in my opinion.

Now, to justify their existence, one could say the iPod's mission is to make sure your smartphone does not drain its battery playing music.

The downside is having to carry two devices, but if you must take calls or answer messages on the go as a priority, it can make a lot of sense to save as much battery as possible by using the iPod for music and the smartphone for business.

4. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    I think iPod is relatively expensive compared to ther MP3 players. It is also annoying to have to use iTunes to sync the audio files instead of just copying and dragging them to the folder. Also, if you already have a smartphone that has an MP3 player, I don't see the reason to own another gadget other than to look cool. I think iPod is just not worth the price.

5. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, most definitely. Unlike most smart phones these days, the Ipod is small and compact, and is great for working out. I think the Iphones are way too big to strap to your arm and go running. But the Ipods are light and compact.

I am usually all for eliminating electronics that only serve one purpose, but the Ipod has a firm seat in my collection. Another bonus is the fact that you can fit thousands of songs on most of the Ipods. Where as my Iphone, apps tend to claim most of my storage space.