Are sandisk micro sd-cards OK?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Denis Hard • May 2, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently bought an sd-card for my camera and the thing is already having issues.

The first time I realized something was wrong was when I wanted to print a photograph and the program I use could not read the file. I scanned the disk for viruses and didn't find any. I formatted it and saved more photos in it but sometimes when I tried to view or print them, I'd encounter the same problem. Finally I had to get a different micro-sd card it's working just fine.

Was I just unlucky or does SanDisk make such low quality removable storage devices?

2. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    You may have just been unlucky. If I'm not mistaken, they're pretty much in the middle of the spectrum as far as quality goes, so your mileage may vary, but I know I've never had a problem with the SD cards I've used from them. Then again, I might be very lucky, as I've had some low quality ones, too, and some of them are still kicking even after a decade of abuse!

Were you at least able to return the faulty card for a refund?

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I think you were just unlikely.

I have used at least a couple dozen SanDisk microcards myself and the only time I have even come close to having an issue is after I used one for a couple years regularly. Eventually it started suggesting that I format it every time I put it in my computer to read it. I was still able to access my files, but clearly there was something going on with the card, so I simply replaced it that that point.

4. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    I think you might have been one of the few unfortunate people that ends up with a defective disk. I've used Sandisk for removable storage for a few years now and I've never had any kind of an issue with any of the cards that I've ever had.

How long have you had your card? If you haven't had it for all that long, then I might recommend that you return it to the store for an exchange and hope that the new one works for you.

5. Denis Hard

Threads:
    I've used it for only two months but I don't think the store would accept it if I returned it now. After all, they could just say you mishandled it or something. But I'll definitely do some serious complaining the next time I visit the store.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sandisk has a 5 year warranty, so if ever the store refuses to exchange your memory card, then you can simply complain directly to Sandisk. I'm using Sandisk for a year now and I didn't have any problems with it.

7. Denis Hard

Threads:
    Great!

I wish I could complain directly without having to go to the store to ask them for explanations about selling me a defective SD card. But since that isn't an option, I'll complain at the store then take it a level higher if they're not willing to settle the matter right there by handing over a new SD card. But if they don't then I'll certainly make it my goal to write bad reviews about the store any time I get the chance.

8. Loyal

LoyalBanned

Threads:
    They are ok but sometimes I can't reformat them. I have an 8gb one and it won't reformat anymore. So now I have to throw it away since it won't even load anything from the card anymore. It sucks but it did last me about 2 years.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually bought that recently as well, so far it hasn't given me any problem. However I did get it a couple of weeks ago, there hasn't been enough for any defects to show. As far as I know the brand SanDisk its pretty average, definitely not the best quality brand out there for pendrives and cards, but not the worse. I would hope that is an exception.

10. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    From what I remember, SanDisk is a pretty good brand. I have a few SD cards and I believe most of them are in fact SanDisk. The brand has never given me any problems, and in general it's pretty high quality. What you have is most likely just a faulty card, and you should get it exchanged from wherever you got it for a better (functioning) one.