Are Screen Protectors Necessary?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Jun 25, 2014.

1. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    At the time I purchased my iPhone I had every intention of getting a screen protector, but never got around to getting one. (They are a pain to apply, and I would have gone somewhere to have it done for me.) But I do have a heavy duty phone case, with a really thick edge to it, that seems to have protected my phone through quite a few face down landings, if you know what I mean. Now I have a friend who is a little fanatical. As soon as he got his phone, he went straight to the kiosk at the mall, and had them put on a screen for him, an anti glare screen, no less. I'm sure it works good, but I prefer a good sturdy case.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This happened for me too lol. Before I ever bought my first touch screen device I always worried that I'd have to get a screen guard and be dainty with it but as soon as I got a hold of one it didn't seem at all like it was necessary, and seeing my friends' and relatives' devices that have been around for years without even a minor scratch on the screen, I ultimately decided that I don't find it necessary anymore and eventually just gave up on the idea of getting one.

3. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    These days with so much variety in the size of screens, in terms of production chances are a manufacturer would not cover the full range of screens, even if it wanted to! Perhaps the best solution are products like "Dynaflo LIQUID-ARMOR". Which -it states- provide a "scratch resistant surface" stronger than traditional screen protectors, and claims to last in the range of 6 months.

Link: