Are stores staging a mob scene on Black Friday

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Pocs • Aug 7, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    Black Friday sales have really become a sport. Especially with Internet shopping and Cyber Monday. Advertising unbelievable deals for in store only. Who could pass up a coffee pot for 2.99? The problem is I am not the only one who Sees this deal, thousands do, in your area alone. Do each of the stores each carry 1000 of the advertised item, of course they don't. And it's always a first come first serve basis, no rain checks. This is unreal to me, and I do believe they are setting up a mob or riot situation, with the possiablity of injuries, which Im sure we've all seen on tv. Yes, it's my choice to go, but don't I have the right to shop without having to worry about being stampeded or smashed. I believe they set the scenario up to boost sales, which hey it's a store, but with little reguard to the shoppers, and should be helped accountable for the outcome.

2. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I completely agree with your thread. I went to a large outlet about 10 miles away from home on Black Friday at midnight, and the entire place was crammed with people pushing and shoving each other for the best deal! While I do agree with you on stores setting themselves up for a mob scene, but some of the stores I've went to like Bath and Body Works make you stand in a line and gradually let people into the store as people go out. It makes a huge line (which I had to wait in for an hour or so) on the outside, but it does prevent people from completely destroying the interior. It's not the best solution, but it's something I suppose. They had an even longer line for a Coach store in the same area.