Are there phones with physical QWERTY keypads anymore?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by JosieP • Sep 16, 2014.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know it's not likely new phones are being made with physical QWERTY keypads, but I thought I'd ask just in case lol. I've given the touch screen enough of a chance and I still detest them. I use them to swipe between screens etc, it does have it's moments, but I so miss my little keyboards. I rarely text anymore because of it, it feels like a chore. So do I resort to an older phone or is anyone still making them? I haven't even looked yet, thought I'd ask here first ;)

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think that they make new models that are qwerty style anymore, unfortunately. But you can still get them at Amazon or Ebay, but in Ebay if the item is from China and is labeled as "brand new", then you can be assured that it's a fake phone. I also don't like touch screen phones, they take forever just to be able to type 1 sentence.

3. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I prefer phones with actual buttons. I hate touch screen keypads, they're inaccurate and you can't text without having to stare at your phone unlike the glory days of physical keypads. I don't think they make them anymore though. You're best bet would be to either buy a Blackberry or some sort of keypad add on to your phone which I think doesn't exist.

4. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think so. Haven't seen any in recent years that has a keypad. I also prefer a physical keypad than those touch screens. One thing I dislike about touch sensitive is the lack of feedback when typing. Sometimes I would accidentally typed another letter by accident because of how fragile touch buttons are.

5. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    If you're interested in a BlackBerry, they still offer a QWERTY keyboard on their new Q models. They have a Q5 and a Q10, and have also announced a Q30 which is coming.

The Q10 has very good reviews, but at the end of the day, it's still a Blackberry, so keep that in mind.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually love Blackberry lol, so I'm happy to hear they're still stepping up. I don't care about all the bells and whistles, I don't stare at my phone all day. I just want to be able to do what I do quickly and efficiently and I can't do that when I'm constantly correcting everything I type lol. I'll look into that; I was thinking of going back to Blackberry anyway.. I've done iphone since and now I have a galaxy.. hate them both lol.

7. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds like it'll work out for you then! I'm not against Blackberry, but I don't like their ridiculous app store and such limitations on them. The hardware is good and they're highly rated. My brother works for the Canadian government and they use BlackBerry devices and he has no complaints about his Z10, except that he misses the QWERTY. Sounds like you're in the same boat :)