Are Tiffany's And Pandora Jewelry Worth It?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Mackmax • Jan 25, 2015.

1. Mackmax

MackmaxMember

Threads:
    Tiffany's is extremely well-known for their necklaces and rings, but I noticed that they're incredibly expensive. I was interested in buying a necklace from there, but just a simple heart necklace on a chain cost $165! I like Pandora charm bracelets as well, but the charms seem pretty overpriced and under-attractive.
    Have any of you bought jewelry from Pandora or Tiffany's? Do you think it was worth the money, or would you recommend going to a different jeweler, such as Jared's or Kay Jewelers?

2. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I don't believe Pandora is worth it at all. I think they try to label themselves as high end, but they sell kind of cheap looking jewelry. Tiffany's is high high end and if you are buying a diamond ring it may be worth the Tiffany's label. But, I think it is a cliché as well. If you tried to resell it, you would get nothing more than the value of the gold, silver, or diamond.

I do own some Tiffany's jewelry, but they are mainly gifts. Every girl likes to receive a little blue box.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They are really expensive. But I wouldn't personally compare Tiffany's with Pandora... Tiffany's has been around for a really long time and is known all over, while Pandora recently became famous.... I mean, one of the most classical movies ever, Breakfast at Tiffany's, was named after Tiffany's!! So having jewelry from there is worth it for me. Pandora in my opinion is not tasteful, overly expensive and I don't even like their stuff. I would never spend money on them.

4. jewarren

jewarrenNew Member

Threads:
    Personally, I find Pandora jewelry to be a bit tacky. I don't think it's worth the money at all, though I do know people that love it. I'll never forget being at the mall around Christmas and there was actually ropes set up outside the store with a bouncer with a clipboard letting people into the store. The line had about 20 people in it.
    Tiffany jewelry, on the other hand, is completely worth it to me. Yes, it's expensive, but I've had some pieces for about 10 years and they are still beautiful and timeless. I wear my necklace daily. T&Co is definitely jewelry I'd never buy for myself, based on price alone, but it's a great gift.

5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I think Tiffany's is worth more for the name then the product now-a-days. I mean, the brand has been around since 1837, so it's definitely got a reputation now. Tiffany's uses good quality metals though, and even if they didn't, they've been around for so long that people would buy their stuff just for the name.

I personally think Pandora is crap. They try to sell themselves off as "high end" jewelry, but I seen brands from China have nicer jewelry. It's not worth it and it's honestly all hype that makes them so popular. :cool: