Are You An Avid Fan Of Fast Food?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by explorerx7 • Mar 10, 2016.

1. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    There have been numerous warning of the possible negative effects on the health of those people who consume fast food on a regular basis. However, these warnings seem to mostly fall on deaf ears. Most of those persons who love to consume this kind of food on an almost daily basis don't care about the effects any possible negative effect on their health, they just have to have their fast food no matter what may come. Are you so much a fan of fast food that you would totally ignore the risk that could arise a high consumption rate?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Before we moved into this house in 2001, we seldom patronize fastfood outlets because of 2 reasons - 1) cost is naturally more expensive than eating at hom, 2) the negative side effects of the unhealthy food. However, living in the suburbs had changed our lifestyle. I had to leave the house by 5:30 am for work to avoid the usual heavy traffic on the main road. That leaves me no choice but to buy breakfast in fastfood outlets. That's now my usual eating habit.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely eat fast food these days. Eating out for a period of time brings unwanted pounds. The only fast food I indulge in is chick fi-la maybe every 6 weeks. After I saw Supersize Me a decade ago, I've changed how I look at fast food.

4. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I used to consume fast food every day when I was still a student. Just like what @Corzhens@Corzhens said, I also usually leave home early to beat the traffic so I won't be late for school. In that regards, I would rush dressing up every morning so I could hitch a ride with my dad's car to town. He eats out in fast food chains for breakfast and I would usually join him. Now that I have my own family and I work from home, I rarely eat fast food anymore.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I believe you eat home-cooked food now for breakfast since you are a stay-at-home worker. That's what I intend to be when I retire - stay at home and get an online job. My husband said that home-cooked food is much cheaper and more nutritious than fast foods but as I said, I have no choice for now because of my work schedule. However, there are times that I have taho for breakfast. Taho is like a bean curd that is a healthy food. It is savory with the syrup and sago balls. At least I have that now once or twice a week for breakfast.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well fast food can be expensive. It is not all unhealthy. Several chains have incorporated salads and low fat options as part of their menus. I try to use coupons or specials if possible, when eating fast food as it can be expensive as well. Trying to save money on fast food is something to try if you really enjoy it.

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be, there was a time when I would barely cook anything and would live on takeaways, that all stopped last year when I started taking my running a lot more seriously, now I might have a takeaway once a month as a bit of a treat. I don't mean to be rude, but I have noticed my visits to the loo are much easier now I've changed my diet.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not eat fast food. I have found bugs in my food way too many times in the past when I had to get something to eat fast. Now I just go hungry if I can not find something other than a fast food place. The one place I will eat food from is Chick-fil-la.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I liked fast food for the taste and convenience, but not any longer. I rarely go these days and when I went my bad LDL cholesterol went up 35 points in just a month! I decided then and there to limit it to very infrequently and do more exercising too when I do go. It's delicious food and the deals are irresistible, so I do cheat every now and then to still go to the fast food restaurants.

10. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I like fast food once in a while but I do not like it all the time. I have had to cut back considerably on spending money on eating at restaurants so that was the first thing to cut out altogether. I would rather eat at a sit down restaurant instead of a fast food place. Most times the food does not taste as good as it did when I was younger anyway so that sort of takes the thrill of eating there away.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think fast food isn't as bad as the documentaries make them out to be, but I am guessing that there is some truth to it and I do worry about what feed is being used for the animals used for the meat. However I think that all meat is pretty much on equal levels when it comes to this unless it is specifically stated to be grown organically which I am guessing would make it a lot more expensive. At this point I have eaten so much fast food that I am actually getting sick of it so I don't think I will keep up this habit for much longer and it's also a big part of the reason why I'm slowly deciding more and more to become a vegetarian or at least become something a lot more close to it.

12. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    You're right, I eat home-cooked meals now from breakfast up until dinner. There's really nothing compared to freshly-cooked meals at home so I'm really glad I am able to have the benefit of eating my personally prepared food on a daily basis now. Eating in fast food chains is now a once in a blue moon thing for me. :)

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if I'd go so far as to say I'm an avid fan, but yes, I have a taste for it LOL I wish I was like some people I know who hate it. I'm of an age that I recognise and truly appreciate the risks of gorging my face on it though, so i make a very concerted effort to AVOID it at all costs. I now only have it as a 'treat', if you can even call it that. I've even cut right back on chip (fries). I'm doing really rather well, because I've not so much as touched a chip since before Christmas. It's HARD, but well worth it :)

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think most people like fast food, or are at least addicted to the fastness of it. Of course, it helps that it often tastes really nice. I used to be an avid eater of fast food, in my younger years without much rationing of it, which is probably where a lot of my body issues come from now. I am less of an avid fan nowadays, for sure.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a taste for it at all now that I've gotten over it. Once you let your taste buds adjust, you won't miss what you think you're addicted to now. I would never call fast food a treat now.. heart disease isn't exactly fun lol. Anything that contributes to it, should never be seen as a treat.. aren't we funny that way? All the disease causing foods are seen as treats and the life giving foods as torture. We've really destroyed ourselves. Thankfully, there is a huge change going down.. I even see it in these replies. People are getting healthier. I still see a lot of misinformation.. many don't know what healthy actually is, but they're TRYING and that's amazing. 2016 is also the year of the vegan and I couldn't be happier :D

16. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    I LOVE to eat fast food! But I don't consume it on a daily basis. I do like to pay attention to my health, so yeah I don't eat it that much. I would never eat it on a daily basis even if I had a lot of money to do that. I already have a health problem I want gone. So I totally don't want to add more on myself.

17. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fast food does have some healthier options, and not are all as bad as they are made out to be. I like the naught fast food every now and then, onion rings, fries and a burger, but as I am a vegetarian it's not so bad. Sometimes there is no other choice but to eat it, especially at stations or airports, so a little won't kill you.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely eat fast foods because of the cost, so I am not at risk of the health problems that they pose. However, I know that some people eat them on a daily basis, and I noticed that they are mostly overweight or obese, so that's a major problem for them.

19. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    On a very rare occasion I might get some fries from McDonalds but aside from that there isn't really any other fast food I tend to eat. On average I think I eat fast food around 4-5 times a year though so it's not like I eat it often. I wouldn't even call myself a fan really. It's more for convenience that I have it. I tend to find that it doesn't really smell good or taste good and I certainly wouldn't want to eat it regularly.

20. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    They must put some horrible ingredients in fast food that causes it to be addicting. Or maybe that's just the mentality way of America. But it's just so good tasting and it's fast and easy. It's the convenient choice so it's what a lot of people go with. I personally have a real problem with wanting to get fast food, because I'd rather do that than spend the time cooking. It's been pretty bad lately, but it's not a smart decision at all. It also wastes a lot of your money. There comes a point where you have to just stop and think about your health and how much money is being spent and how lazy you're being.