Are you and your spouse on the same page financially?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by True2marie • Jul 28, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I keep reading how money can wreck a marriage. If a couple can't agree on this issue, then they are headed for divorce court. Do you agree?

Most couples I know who split up do so because of infidelity. One person is unfaithful, so there's trust issues in the relationship.

101113716-115620470.530x298.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My partner and I have always shared our money. For me there is not such thing as "your" or "my" money. We just put it all in one pot. I am the one who earns more but it never occurs to me to have any debates about how we spend our cash. My philosophy is that money is earned to be spent. Of course, we put some aside for holidays or weekend trips, but really, money has never been an issue between us.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My mom used to be a secretary, but after working for 12 years she stopped working when she got laid off. She didn't bother to look for work again because she wanted to take care of her kids instead. My dad didn't seem to mind though and she became a full time housewife until she passed away. I think when 2 people truly love each other, money will not really affect of their marriage.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Money can be a big issue in a marriage if both people have different styles of spending. My ex always thought that if he spend money on more musical equipment ,then a big record deal was just around the corner.
    I saw the unused music equipment piling up and wondered why the money wasn't being spent to get the leaky roof fixed or the lawn mower fixed, or the washing machine fixed.
    Over time, money disagreements can grow and lead to the end of a marriage, though in our case it was a combination of many things.

5. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    My boyfriend and I do not share the same views on money. I enjoy nice things but as we get older would like to try to save a bit more. I don't see why we need to go out 4 or 5 days of the week for nice dinners or to expensive clubs. When I add that money up it drives me crazy because it's a nice vacation, something to donate to charity or even an inexpensive car. We argue a lot about money and I don't think it will ever tear us apart, mainly because I think he would wise up real fast, I do think that life would be much easier if we weren't arguing over it.