Are you comfortable?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Tellyv • Nov 5, 2014.

1. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I feel like grown people are not comfortable with their sexuality and I think that's very weird. I feel like everyone should be comfortable with themselves and able to express themselves in anyway they chose. What do you think about people not being comfortable about their sexuality?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on their environment too, you know. If they're surrounded by prudes, then they might get shy about it. Also, a reserved person will never be blatant about their sexuality. On the other hand, if the person is confident and doesn't care what other people say, then for sure that person would be more open with their sexuality.

3. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I completely agree, it does depend on your environment. What made me think of this was a topic about passion parties. If your at a passion party, you should feel comfortable and not embarrassed about what someone will think about you. Everyone has their own confidence when it comes to their sexuality but I feel they shouldn't be judged based on how they feel.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What is a passion party anyway? This is the 1st time that I've heard about it. And have you been to one?

5. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    How can you ever really be 100% comfortable with yourself when you have to go out there everyday and face the reality that there are judgmental and prejudicial people ready to cast their views and opinions your way? And then if it's not that or not that only, you're trying to please your ethical origins, your religion or the people closest to you and don't want them potentially seeing you on any level lower than they've held you on. It's a tough world and not everyone can handle being comfortable with themselves, especially when there are implications.

6. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I see what your saying TPhoenix but the reality is, if your not true to yourself you will never be 100% happy. I feel like people are to into pleasing other people instead of trying to please themselves, at the end of the day, your happiness is important because you have to live with yourself. I could care less about what someone else thinks of me, I pay my own bills therefore I do what I want. People are so quick to judge you because they are shallow and unhappy in their own lives. Confidence is key in life and if you can't be confident in who you are then you will be unhappy and trying to make the next person miserable. I have a good head on my shoulders and I was raised by amazing parents, I guess that's why I'm so comfortable and confident. I have the potential to do great things one day.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not comfortable with my sexuality. I was raised Catholic. I even attended Catholic school for most of my childhood. The Catholic Church is very good about making people feel uncomfortable with just about everything. I left the Catholic Church as soon as I graduated from high school. I still have a lot of residual Catholic "junk" floating around in my brain that makes its way to surface from time to time.