Are you like me, and you hate to go shopping for clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Colebra • Aug 2, 2014.

1. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I guess this is question for men only...

I hate to go shopping! I do like new clothes, but I have no idea what my sizes are, so I have to find out and try a lot of stuff.
    Plus I'm always busy so I don't really like to be there for too much time, but I can't hurry myself too much, because then, I'd buy stuff and then get home to find out I actually don't really like, or it doesn't fit...

Do you suffer from this too?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know this question is for men only but I really do hate shopping for clothes. Aside from the fact that I just don't really find clothes appealing, it's annoying to figure out whether something might fit and have to try it on. I think there's rarely anything that's my style too. I also don't like how fabrics feel sometimes though I'm not sure why on that one.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't say I hate shopping but I only buy clothes only twice a year when necessity calls for it. I'm not one of those dandies who are fashion conscious and have to be shopping for new clothes all the time In any case, where I live and the kind of work I do requires me to dress up only in the evenings [if I need to] but what's the point of doing that when you live alone, far from civilization? That's why I don't need lots of clothes and don't buy them that much.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a woman and hate shopping. I dread the times when I need new clothes or shoes. I really can't stand going around the place, having to find something that suits me. Also, I get tired of eager shop attendants, trying to help me with my purchase. I only get stressed. For me the best option is to go to a seamstress with the material and design of my choice, and have her sow clothes for me exactly the way I want them. Obviously, it is a little extravagant, but in the end, it doesn't cost me much more than buying clothes in stores. Actually, quite often it works out cheaper that way.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I dislike shopping for clothes as well, especially jeans, because it's so hard to fit them inside fitting rooms considering I have to tKe off my shoes. However, I do enjoy shopping for shoes and if only I could afford much more of them, I'd definitely be spending a lot more time shopping for them.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I like shopping, but dislike trying clothes on. So more often than not I don't buy too much because I don't feel like having to take something back if it doesn't fit. Overall, I find shopping a fun activity and go often.

7. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I like shopping for clothes even though I don't tend to buy a lot of stuff. I mostly shop for things I need. I don't really try a lot of stuff on because I know my sizes. I also tend to stick to brands that I know fit me well.

8. Betsyake

BetsyakeMember

Threads:
    Your experience makes me remind a article about shopping for clothes between woman and man.

Shopping for clothes is not the same experience for a man as it is for a woman. A man does shopping because he needs somethiings. His purpose is setteled and decided in advance. He knows what he wants and his aim is to find it and buy it; the price is a secondary consideration. All men simply walk into a shop and ask the assistant for what they want. The job can be and often is completed in less than five minutes, with hardly any small talk.

Now how does a woman go about buying clothes? In almost every respect she does so in the opposite way. Her shopping is not often based on needs. She has never fully made up her mind what she wants, and she is only "having a look around". She will try on any number of things. The most important thing in her mind is the thought of finding something that she likes. Most women have an excellent sense of value when they buy clothes. They are always ready for the unexpected bargain. Faced with a roomful of dresses, a woman may wasily spend an hour going from one shelf to another before selecting the dress she wants to try on. It is a long and hard job, but obviously one to be enjoyed. Most dress shops provide chairs for the waiting husbands.

9. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    What I don't like about shopping is the search. I'm somewhat pretentious with the clothes I buy and the prince I pay, so the clothes have to be good looking and cheap at the same time. And this is why I don't go on purpose shopping for clothes but buy them when I find them. Saves me time and the sanity of the person I'm shopping with :p

10. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I do. It's only when I don't have much money that I hate being around clothes. When I was younger I wasn't that much into fashion. However, that change during my late teens. I think you should probably take one day when you have a free moment and spend some time in a clothing department to find your size. Try on different clothes and so forth. This will help you determine your size. It will vary depending on the cut of the pants or shirt.

11. daisysmell211

daisysmell211New Member

Threads:
    Is it a lot of men don't like shopping? I helped my boyfriend to buy clothes basically, because I know he's size, but sometimes buy clothes according to size is not suitable.