Are You Looking For A Healthy Treat?!

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Andrea Phillips • Apr 5, 2015.

1. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I made a simple candy from carob powder that turned out great. It is rare, because most candy is made from carob bars. They are too expensive in the store. So, I just want to share my success for those who want a quick, natural treat. Anyone who has a recipe to share, can add it here too.
    1/2 cup carob powder
    4 tblspn coconut oil
    3 tblspn honey (or sweetener of your choice)
    Melt the oil in a pan over some boiling water - stir in the honey and then the carob powder. When it is mixed and creamy, 10 min. or so, place into the centerfold of a piece of baking paper, fold it over and press it out. Put in the fridge until it sets. Eat and enjoy!

2. junemoon

junemoonNew Member

Threads:
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for the great recipe. I always like to save money and it can be difficult to eat healthy on a budget. We use to buy carob powder all the time. I am not sure, why we stopped? Now, you have given me the incentive to go out and buy some carob powder.

I am wondering, if you buy a specific brand or just get the cheapest? It has been so long for me, I have no idea what is on the shelf, these days!

3. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds great. First time I searched for carob on the internet I thought it was a tamarind.

So this is sort of like a carob brittle, huh? I think I'll try it sometime.