Are You Picky With Your Luggage Bags?

Discussion in Travel started by DrRipley • Jun 21, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I personally am okay with using just about any bag or luggage I can find around The House, but I sometimes envy those who have very nice luggage when traveling because I think it looks nice. I never do buy any of my own, though, because I'm very rough with my luggage so it just wouldn't be practical to buy nice ones since I'll most likely just damage them sooner or later. Also, I'm a bit too lazy to shop for new luggage and having some old ones Handy make it even easier for me to have an excuse not to.

How about you guys, do you care what luggage you use for traveling or are you like me who would settle for pretty much anything as long as they are functional and in good condition? Additionally, if you do care about what luggage you bring and use, which brands do you find to be the best, and what makes them so? Do you have any special compartments that you consider must-haves or do you care more about the brand than the features?

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Never cared for the brand and I never mind if the luggage is nice or not. As long as it's the colour I like :D I have one problem when I'm traveling which is buying so much things that in the end I have no space left for all in my luggage.

So whenever I'm buying a new luggage, I make sure that it's big enough and has a large space and pockets. I dislike bags or luggage that have no pockets. I also really care about the handle and wheels because I had an experience buying an expensive luggage in the past which the wheels came off after few times of dragging it around.

3. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    If I was going on a road trip and less people were going to see the luggage I wouldn't be as concerned about it but if I was going by plane I would want to make sure I had some decent looking sturdy luggage. When you're waiting for it on that conveyer belt I personally don't want every one seeing some beat up raggedy looking suitcase rolling by. Kind of embarrassment lol. For me anyway. Now, I'm not necessarily into the really fancy luggage that locks but it probably would be a good idea.

4. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    For a period of time I didn't really care all that much, but then I wonder a contest from Coke which sent me some Heys. These things have been great for me. They're durable, light weight, and relatively compact so you can get most of what you want in there.

25s7589.

When I got married and went on a trip with the Mrs. she had her own luggage set -- hand me downs from her family. In any case, they were horrid even though they still had the wheels, they were just way too bulky and falling apart. Of course, I felt bad for her lugging those ones around and swapped with her, but it just really stressed the importance of having a good set.

That said, I'm not sure I'd buy fancy luggage thinking it's something you use once or twice a year, but after this experience it really opened my eyes to it. Truth is when you do travel you may be racing to terminals, having your oversized luggage thrown around by bag handlers, or having stressful delays at the airport. All in all, you want to minimize your stress and the last thing you want to care about is your luggage.

5. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Pay for what you can afford. Dont buy luggage because it looks nice. This would be an impulsive choice you are making. Buy what you can afford. Dont lie to yourself by thinking that having nice looking luggage will make you a better person. Poor people like to pose as rich people by buying things they cannot afford and dont need.

dont fall into this trap.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I am very picky with my luggage. I want it to be presentable because first, there are a lot of people, strange people that I will be seeing while I am bringing my luggage while I am travelling. I don't want them to have bad impression to me and more I don't have to stand out because my luggage just doesn't look well enough. I don't wish it to be one that stands out. What's important for me is that it's presentable enough and that it matches my personality.

7. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    If you're going to making an investment on luggage, I would say to base your decision on the quality of the luggage, not the looks. Go for something that is going to be sturdy and hold itself up, or something that has extra pockets, etc. In other words, chose something functional over looking nice. That being said, when take short flights, I like to carry a duffle bag made specifically for traveling. What I like about it is that it's bright purple and easy to spot at the luggage terminal.