Are you ready for big sales?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Strykstar • May 26, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I've had a supermarket nearby have a 50% off on everything the other day, people were going crazy, there was nothing left on the shelves at the end of the day!
    Sadly I couldn't take advantage of what I really wanted to buy which was large quantities of meat, since they can be kept for a long time.
    Unfortunately I don't really have a chest freezer so the meat was a no-go for me :(
    I did get quite a few canned items, since my pantry is pretty big :)

Are you ready for these big sales, like with a chest freezer?

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I live in a really small flat so I can't store too many things in my freezer, it's a small one. Since I live near several supermarkets I have a different strategy. I don't buy too much on the big sales but I visit all the supermarkets often for smaller daily sales. Some day I'll find meat on sale in one supermarket, next day in another, and so on. I'm saving quite a bit of cash doing this but only because I have plenty of spare time to do it daily.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never really heard of any such big sales in my region. Probably because they don't exist. There isn't enough competition around for a 50% sale, as everyone depends on the supermarkets here, which can keep the prices as high as they like. Only once was there a huge closing down sale but a lot of the products were close to being out of date or already out of date. So enjoy those super sales of quality goods while they last. ;)

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I no longer have a chest freezer so I try to cut up my fruits and veggies so that there are no bulky items in my refrigerator freezer. A lot of the cartons in the grocery stores are bulky and unmanageable. I would suggest buying things that you know are seasonal and you won't be able to get at a good price later. But items that regularly go on sale, leave for the next time. Since loosing my chest freezer, I have begun to can more. There are many items that are very good pickled in a vinegar or brine solution. These have a shelf life and so you don't need to use the freezer in order to store them for long periods of time.

5. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Big sales always happen in my town a week before a big celebration. We have so many big celebrations in my country because of the differences of the races and religions.

I'm not too worried with any other products but when it comes to oil and rice, then I'll be in a disaster for 2 or more weeks after if I don't buy enough. People go crazy and buy as much as they want that if you were a little late then you will mostly see only an empty shelf in a supermarket.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I'm not in charge of grocery shopping at home, so I don't think I can really take advantage of those huge sales, but when I get to live all alone by myself, then for sure I will pay attention to when these huge sales happen because when you live all alone, you pay for each and every expense, so you must try to save money and be economical as much as possible.