Are you saving up for the iPhone 6?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by True2marie • Aug 11, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    This week, alleged

to the WEB. It's supposed to be on store shelves mid-September. Of course, the price is going to be in the hundreds. Are you saving up now?

I am waiting to see what type of deals are available to me. I definitely want this phone because of the bigger screen. However, I don't want to pay a lot of money. :)

2. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    Maybe you should consider another phone, if you don't want to spend lots of money. :p And no, I'm not saving up money for iPhone. I switched to Android after iPhone 3GS and love the customization options.

Though have to say, I'm tempted to buy a Windows Phone device simply because of Cortana. :eek:

3. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't plan on buying it, because I think Android phones are way better. They are more customizable, more versatile and also a lot cheaper. With an iPhone you are bound to their User Interface, but with Android devices you can customize everything as you wish. I understand that some people might prefer iPhones, because they are more user friendly, but Android phones offer a lot more possibilities.

4. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I have a brand new HTC Desire 300, so I have no reason to buy the new iPhone 6. Even if I had an old, crappy phone, I would rather keep the money than buy the Apple product. Why? Firstly, I'm a college student without income. I don't have $800 to spend on a fancy toy. Secondly, I adore travelling. This means that I save every spare penny laying around my pockets for future travels. I would much rather go on a Eurotrip with the money.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not saving up for the phone. I'll just take advantage of AT&T Next to get the phone in monthly installments. I could purchase it outright, but I'd rather just deal with the monthly payments. I'm excited for the iPhone 6, although the larger model isn't supposed to come out until later in the year. The 4.7-inch iPhone 6 is a welcome addition that's sure to sell millions of units when it's released.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Really. If I were to buy an iPhone I'd probably go for one of the older models just because they probably work well and are most likely to be cheaper. If I had unlimited budget I'd spend on a new model but I unfortunately don't and I don't need the most current one anyway. Additionally, I don't really like the look of iPhones all that much anyway and would much rather just buy some other brand if only their App Store and so were as good as Apple's.

7. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Nope. I think I'm going to pass this one. I think the iPhone is becoming more of a joke right now. I don't know if it's Apple's pride or something else, but I can't help but get disappointed every time a "new" iPhone comes out, it feels like they're always late for the party. I wouldn't want to buy a "new" phone which had features from 3 years ago.

8. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly this. That press conference was ridiculous. How can we get excited about a free U2 album and Apple rebranding a watch and Samsung phone from 2012? Each year, the "innovations" are less and less.