Are You Taking Advantage Of Free Shipping With Your Online Shopping?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by Zyni • Dec 8, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say, I found some great deals on items I wanted to purchase as Christmas gifts, and I have received free shipping on all of them so far. I find that exciting.

We did a "shop 'til you drop" trip over the weekend, and whew, did I drop. My back just won't cooperate any more. I had to rest after every store or shop, and sometimes in between. It was a very long day. So, when I got home and found almost all of the other items I wanted on Amazon, with free shipping (over $35), I was quite happy.

I think I'm finished now, and it's really all thanks to the free shipping.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do take advantage one free shipping as much as possible. Whenever I'm shopping online I try and make sure I reach the minimum for free shipping and if I don't have enough items to purchase to reach that amount I'd try and hold off until I have accumulated enough unless the item was on apart ocular promo that would run out or if I thought that stocks wouldn't last long. I rarely do pay for shipping though because the minimum is not that high here, which is around $25 and most of the items I buy online do reach that because for smaller items I tend to just buy them at physical stores instead.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What store if I may ask has free shipping for $25 purchases?

:oops:I like amazon.com too for they usually have the things I want at a very good price too. Walmart too has free shipping but they increased their amount to get the free shipping. I love the free shipping option and love to shop online. Living in Hawaii we get charged extra for shipping, so anywhere there's free shipping I love to shop there!:p

#3Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
  4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm very lucky in that nearly all of my favourite online stores offer free shipping. This is like a nice little incentive, and yes, I do full advantage of it each time I buy stuff online :) i ensure i look for whatever I want to buy of these sites before I go anywhere else.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes the item that you want does not have the option of free shipping. Other times you have to shop around a little bit to find that specific item that is shipped for free. Amazon is a prime example of this, when they have different sellers. Some offer free shipping, and others charge way too much for shipping. I look around for the sellers who do free shipping.

6. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on whether it is economically feasible for me to make the most of shipping. If it would cost more than the shipping that I had to spend in order to get free shipping then I would just pay for it, but if I am almost at the threshold then yes, I will then take advantage of the offers sometimes. I think a lot of people waste a great deal of money on shipping every year when there is no need for them to do so.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    I hate when the shipping and handling fees are actually more than the actual item itself. One time I wanted to purchase an angel jigsaw for my mother. I knew that she really wanted it. When I searched for one that she'd like online, it was very hard to find something beautiful. I finally found one and then the shipping was like $18, a lot more than the actual jigsaw. I was like hell no.

8. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    I am sure everyone loves free shipping am I right? How could you not love it? I always light up when I see free shipping. But mostly when I am on Amazon, stuff on there goes up so high. Then I look at my list, there is only a few items. Then my least favorite step I have to do come in to play, that being putting stuff back... But I do not question Amazons prices too much because it’s an amazing place to shop at. But yeah free shipping is beautifuls. But yeah I definitely take advantage of it for sure.

9. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, this annoys the heck out of me! The first thing that comes to mind is something I wanted to get for my mother as well. It was something she really wanted (and she's not easy to shop for, so I basically had to get it), and they wanted more for shipping than the price of the gift.

It wasn't a ton more, but I was not happy. It just seems ridiculous. I get that it costs them to ship stuff, but some of them just get crazy with it. I did end up paying it that time, because it was from a specific company, there were no other options, and yeah... if it was for anybody else they might not have been so lucky. :p

10. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have saved at least $50 on shipping costs this holiday.season by ordering through Amazon and scouting out other free shipping deals. I even managed not to pay sales tax on a couple orders because the stores do not have a presence in my state. Lots of money saved.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely do. That's the only way I can save on my purchases. It's a good thing because I've always been in the habit of buying in bulk. Although I'm well aware this is all part of the plan to encourage me to buy more, I still think it's pretty swell - yeah somewhat cost-efficient - because it falls in line with my purchasing style.

12. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most of the online shops I patronize have free shipping as part of their come one. Especially with Lazada, there is no minimum limit to the order. No matter how small and how cheap, they will deliver the goods. I don't think online shops will prosper here if they will not be having the free delivery option. Most of the online buyers here are relying on that since it is a hassle to go to the shops to pick up the goods. Might as well just go on personal shopping than online shopping.

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    What the hell is with these gifts that people try to get for their freaking mothers? Lol. The jigsaw was a rare and unique find too, and it is almost as if these online retailers know this, and that is why they buck up the shipping and handling fees so that it costs more than the actual item. If you have the money to get it, it is not so bad, even though you were not happy. But sometimes you are working with a budget, and then this issue comes up. It is utterly infuriating.

14. rezonate

rezonateNew Member

Threads:
    I use Amazon prime and they haven't let me down yet. I like their services, allowing me to have a wide variety of products to choose from that qualify for prime.

15. JulianWilliams

JulianWilliamsMember

Threads:
    Paying for shipping is a real bummer, so I have the habit of writing down things that I want to buy until their value exceeds the 35$ threshold Amazon has so I can get free shipping. It's not the most convenient thing in the world because you sometimes want something to arrive quickly, but it's not that bad either and it's certainly a good way to save some money.

16. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I also take advantage of the free shipping on Amazon with the 35 dollar purchase. I think that Walmart.com has a similar policy. Ordering from other sites, you can look online to see if you can find promo codes for free shipping. Many online retailers have coupon codes for their sites where you can obtain free shipping. Why pay for something if you don't have to?

17. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I do take advantage of free shipping. I will deliberately shop until I hit that magic amount to get free shipping. I will do this at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic etc. Then they have great return policies that if I don't like what I've ordered I just send it back with the prepaid postage they provide. It's win-win. The only down side is when I like everything and I've overspent on clothes. I will often go searching for codes for free shipping as well. It saves a lot of money.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mostly buy at the stores that offer free shipping whether locally or abroad, so you can say that I always take advantage of such offers. I am not qualified for free shipping in Amazon since I don't live in the US. I think it would be nice it that offer expands to international users.