As Seen On Tv Queen

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Rosyrain • Mar 4, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I love my mother to death, but she is the as seen on TV purchasing queen. Without fail, I receive at least one as seen on TV gift from her each year. A couple of the gifts have been nice and I used them for a while, but most things she gets are the ridiculous items that we laugh at when we see the advertisements. The joke all year at my house now when we see these ads on TV is guessing which one we will end up getting. I am starting to think my mom does this on purpose. Do you have any relatives like this?

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately there are some people like this. They will see the infomercials or the commercials advertising these products think they are a great idea, then order them. In some ways I can see how these can be addictive to people. The infomercials air all the time and make the products sound so great. The commercials can be just a bad in selling the products. I have almost fell for it myself a more then once, but one of the things I always do when I see one of these products that I like is look it up online to see what past customers are saying about the item before considering buying it myself.

Its too bad your mother doesn't consider doing that but just jumps right in. Well, look at the bright side at least you can test some of these products yourself to see if they were worth the hype, then come here to tell us about them.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    The Pajama Jeans that were all over TV a few years ago were actually really nice and comfortable. I ended up wearing them as pj's until they wore out, but was to embarrassed to wear them in public. I think that was the only item I was ever impressed with. Another one she got is was the spice rack insert that goes in your cupboard. The plastic was cheap and brittle. It also did not hold that many spice jars. We ended up donating it.