Asics Running Shoes

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Corald • Nov 18, 2015.

1. Corald

CoraldMember

Threads:
    I bought my Asics running shoes in July 2015. The specific make is the Women’s Gel-Equation 7. The colors listed are described as lightening, titanium and raspberry. This is just a fancy way of saying it is silver gray with orange. I always liked the look of Asics shoes but when my fabulous Nike died, I tried to find a reasonable new pair of Nike that fit my budget and still looked good to me. I couldn’t find one, but the Asics fit the bill perfectly. I think they were better looking than the Nikes in the same price range. These shoes are lightweight, durable and quite comfortable. I am not a runner per say, so these are used on an elliptical and for other workouts. They haven’t failed yet.

2. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a loyal Asics customer. I worked at a sneaker store thorough out high school and learned that Asics, brooks and rebook are the three top athletic shoes. Nikes are definitely more fashionable in my opinion but they don't offer as much support as Asics.

I also always stick with the gel Asics. Since they can get expensive I usually wait until they go on sale or I have a coupon. For anyone who is looking for a new athletic shoe I would hands down recommend Asics.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm still looking for athletic shoes, but I've never tried Asics. I like a good looking shoe, but am more concerned about comfort these days. I used to buy Nike, but won't because of the Michael Vick issue, and Pumas aren't the same as they were when I bought this pair I have. @Corald@Corald @KimmyMarkks@KimmyMarkks Do Asics tend to run the same size-wise as Nike? I had a big issue when I tried to get new Pumas. Not only do they seem to have changed the way the sizes run, but they have inserted some weird bumps on the inside bottoms, so I couldn't wear them. I got a pair of Rocket Dogs, but ended up returning those, also, because they also seem to have changed size-wise. I thought maybe it was my feet, but I'm not having the issue with other types of shoes, just the athletic ones, so I think production was probably outsourced to different countries and has affected sizing on those two brands.

4. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I love my Asics running shoes. I'm on my second pair. I love that they last much better than Nikes. I find the sole very cushiony and give good support. I teach phys ed every day so I use them in the gym for every sport. When I play volleyball I wear Asics indoor court shoes and I love them. Many of the volleyball players I know where Asics to play. They are a great brand and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a quality running shoe. A friend of mine runs marathons and Asics are the shoes he chooses and he has to buy new runners every few months.

5. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be a cross country runner back in high school and my coach (she used to run in the olympics) SWEARS by Asics. Most of the individuals on our team had Asics running shoes, and I swear once I wear them I can't wear any other brands. Even now when I just walk and not even run, I like to wear Asics just because of how comfortable they are. It's a little pricey but it's totally worth it :)

6. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    Asics are probably my favorite sneakers for running, they are not that expensive if you compare them to Nike or Adidas and they are so comfortable that you don't even notice you are wearing them.

7. tiffaninichole

tiffaninicholeMember

Threads:
    I've had the same Asics shoes for about 5 years and they're still in really good shape. These things have been put through the ringer, LOL, and they haven't begun to fall apart or anything like that. Yes, they LOOK dingy. But they still do what they need to do, which is provide cushiony comfort for me while I do my walking. :D

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never had Asics shoes, but I always hear very good things about it. I have had Adidas, Reebok and Nice tennis shoes, and the last one I got is Nike. However, I don't think they are as good as people claim and might try going for other brands like Asics. It tends to be a bit cheaper, if it's good, that will be wonderful!

9. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought Asics shoes but judging from the fact that its a brand from Nike, they should be coolly functional. Nike shoes are also durable though some of them are increasingly originating from counterfeits. I am a long distance walker which is my favourite form of exercise and the last thing one would like to have is a pair of shoes which are uncomfortable or those that don't last for long. The studs on the soles are good for gripping the ground and add to comfort by acting as a shock absorber.

10. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I am also loyal to Asics. I've run 2 marathons. One in Adidas (where 2 of my toenails fell off) and one in Asics gel Nimbus's. Love my asics.

I'm also one of those who will wait for a former year style to go on sale, and when I like a shoe, I often buy two identical pairs, so I can stretch them longer. Right now I'm running in Mizunos, which everyone raves about, and I'm happy with them, but I totally miss my Asics and am ready to go back.

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I heard these shoes are pretty great and I like the principle and philosophy of these shoes, and what they stand for -"a sound mind in a sound body"- is their slogan. They are lightweight and look like they would keep your feet dry as well,and the price is nice for such a comfortable running shoe also.

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I already used some shoes of that brand, but I didn't like it very much (and I've stopped using them for some years). I think the quality is not so durable by the values that are charged (which are usually expensive).

I think there are other better brands. :)

13. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I think that this is one brand that I just judged too early and never really gave them a fair chance. I still have not tried them but I have heard some good things now and again, so I would be more willing now.