ASOT Store?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by CinnamonBear • Sep 1, 2012.

1. CinnamonBear

CinnamonBearNew Member

Threads:
    I know that it seems like a contradiction in terms, but I've actually seen "As Seen on TV" stores in various cities in the US. In fact, where I live now there used to be one, but it's now closed (and I wonder why!)

Do any of you have these stores locally, and are you able to save any money on these products by buying them at the store instead of online? Of course, I know you can save on the shipping and handling. And I know that some department stores, such as Walmart and Kmart, carry some of these items as well.

2. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    Some stores like CVS features these types of products, but I don't think there is a single store created for just the ASOT purpose.

3. CinnamonBear

CinnamonBearNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, there actually used to be an "As Seen on TV" store. We had several of them in Atlanta--this was several years ago--and where I live now there also used to be one. The stores carried only ASOT merchandise, although I'm not sure if it was ever discounted there or not.

However, I've seen a lot of ASOT stuff at our local Dollar Tree. "BumpIt" items appear periodically in the hair products counter, and our local Kmart has a lot of ASOT stuff as well.

4. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    We are well outside of Atlanta, but we had an "As Seen On TV" shop in the Tanger Outlet Mall for a few years, but it's gone now. May crop up again close to Christmas, but for now you can find a lot of them at CVS, RiteAid, and Walgreens,

5. guardianofhope

guardianofhopeNew Member

Threads:
    They have an ASOT store at one of our local malls, and frankly if I'm going to purchase a product, I'd look there. I mean, a lot of stores feature those products now, and usually they're cheaper than on TV, but the store tends to have a greater number of ASOT products. You pay the TV advertised price and aren't offered bonus deals but you also aren't spending the seven to twenty dollars processing and handling that you would spend ordering it on-line or on TV. If you want something specific, like Flex Steel or what have you, dropping by the store and paying twenty bucks for that specific item will possibly save you money in the long run.

6. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I was in a CVS store recently, and was surprised to discover there was an aisle full of As Seen On TV stuff. In a way, it makes me less skeptical about trying something since I can see it and touch it and have a place to return it to. Most of the Seen on TV stuff eventually makes it into a store anyway.