Asphalt 8 Gets A Major Update

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by troutski • Dec 20, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Asphalt 8: Airborne recently got a major update that introduced new cars and a new track into the game. A token system was implemented, along with a tune-up system that allows vehicles to go beyond their max stats. It was a 1.5GB update, so it was pretty hefty to say the least. Some graphical updates and other tweaks were made, too. I'm not a huge fan of the update because the token system actually makes it harder to level your vehicles, but this shouldn't come as a surprise as Gameloft wants to maximize its profits from in-app transactions for its free to play game.

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    It's nice to see, Asphalt 8 is in my opinion one the best racing games out there for tablets! Great value for free-to-play players, and really nice graphics. It's nice to see more updates and content being introduced into the game, instead of introducing it in a sequel like so many other publishers do.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I just deleted my game because I was running out of space but I was planning on downloading it again at some point. It's too bad that there's a token system now as I do dislike having forced limits on my gameplay but I guess if they integrated it well enough then it shouldn't be that much of a problem. I just seriously hope that they did do a good enough job on the limitations because some companies tend to go overboard with it.