At&t

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by JenVarsity • Sep 9, 2013.

1. JenVarsity

JenVarsityMember

Threads:
    Has anyone ever worked with AT&T UVERSE and absolutely hated it?

Recently we discussed switching from Time Warner to AT&T. I called to get general pricing regarding the services. While I was on the phone with the manager, yes, it was a manager, she had asked if they could run a credit check to lock in the pricing. NO, absolutely not! I explained to her that when we were SERIOUS about switching and knew TWC wouldn't be able to fix our rates we would call them back. She pushed and pushed for my husbands name and social and I explained to her that we were in no position, being self employed and running bussiness through our personal credit, to let any inquiries soft or hard hits onto our credit unless they were SERIOUS decisions. Hesitant she finally said okay and before she hung up she asked if we had their cell phone services. NO, we do not. Of course she wanted to know why and I explained to her that since we were running a business we needed a cell phone company with less blackout area than what they provided. Finally, she hung up.

Four days later, I get three letters in the mail. The first one is from SPRINT to our address with my maiden name, it has a coupon in it - urging us to switch carriers. NO THANKS! At this time, I'm livid that they sent our address over for more junk mail...I had called SPRINT years ago and told them to STOP mailing us stuff, we are not interested in any other carrier than the one we have.

The second pieces of mail were similar in nature. Thanking me for contacting AT&T giving me my PIN number to the account that I DO NOT have set up and explaining that due to the nature of my credit, which I specifically told them they were NOT allowed to run, they had imposed "restrictions" on my account...that I DO NOT HAVE...

What on earth do I do about a situation like this? How do I go about getting copies of my credit and score to ensure they did no damage. I do know my score as of a few months ago, but am seriously livid that this happened...I always hated AT&T, I don't know what we were thinking listening to all those people who "love" and "adore" their services...

Thanks,
    Jen

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    They may not have actually hit your credit, the agent probably entered you in as having poor credit just to be safe. In other words she didn't run your credit score, she just assumed the worst and placed their default restrictions on your account. That might be their default protocol for situations like that. You are allowed to get one free credit report per year from the credit agencies, such as Equifax. The instructions are on their site.

3. clayk7

clayk7Banned

Threads:
    AT&T has never done me wrong. My monthly bill is average and the service is great. Plus all the great services I can get on my iPhone just makes it even that much better.

4. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    AT&T used to charge me a lot for both the U-Verse and Mobile services, but it has been one of the reliable company I have sticked with. Also, the customer service is actually getting better and my bill isn't as high as it used to be like 2 years ago. AT&T has really improved a lot over the last 3 years in terms of mobile, internet, and U-Verse TV services.

5. Gadzooks

GadzooksMember

Threads:
    I have U-Verse with AT&T and have never had that kind of problem. I'm sorry you had to go through that, what a pain!
    On July 4 our internet/TV went out. It was completely our fault but we were unhappy nonetheless. They made sure to send someone out Sunday, three days later. I was not happy because I wanted it fixed right away. When the guy got here on Sunday, he decided to completely change our system, to a better one. I loved that. He gave us the newest of everything. Every box, every cord, was brand new. We love how it looks now, as the main box just stuck out like a sore thumb next to our TV. The new box is black and we barely notice it now.
    I hope you have better luck in the future.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    OP I think your problem was with the sales department at AT&T. The sales department is super aggressive and will try to sell you on every AT&T service.
    But the technicians that install everything and most of the customer service people are nice. I agree that the sales people are too pushy, but at least you only have to deal with them once.

7. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Att Universe has my bill so high some months that I have to call them to try to adjust it . It get tiresome cause I shouldn't have to do that. To be honest my DSL service I had with them was way better than what I have not. I get alot of drop service alot of repairing of the line. Its sad.

8. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    Every Att service is high. They alway lure their customers in by offering a small price at first but once the bill comes in it is another story. My husband and I used their cellphone service and they told us that our bill would not be over $100 a month. Lie! We never had a bill under $150. They charge for every little thing.