Att&t Data Usage

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by ReadWriteLearnLove • Jan 31, 2015.

1. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone else seem to suddenly be running out of data before the month is over on their ATT&T plan?

We have a shared family plan. It was either last month or early December that ATT&T announced they were raising the data limit for these plans, so we even got an 'upgrade' to our plan. Before that happened, we had only gone over our data limit one time in the 2 years we've been with AT&T, and that was because we were traveling and we knew we would go over. Ever since the bump up, we've gone over our data limit twice, in a matter of days. We can't figure out where all our usage is, but we're keeping a close on it. We were just brainstorming the other day and wondering if anyone else noticed this as well? Nothing has changed as far as how much we are using it. Actually, we should be using less because my husband is no longer traveling for work which means he's no longer using his personal hotspot to connect when he's in remote towns.

Any thoughts?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Check your settings and make sure there wasn't a software update that may have caused it.

For example, iOS 8 turned on a feature by default that refreshes apps in the background. A lot of people started hitting data issues when this happened because they had no idea it even existed, much less how to turn it off to avoid going over their data plans.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip, Jessi. I will our phones for that today.

4. Jazzykay18

Jazzykay18New Member

Threads:
    I also have a family share plan. I constantly have to check to see if we have gone over the limit. Luckily for me, I also have WiFi. Therefore, I only use data when I'm out and about. I would suggest going into your settings and turning off your data. When you are ready to use it then you could easily turn it back on. Hopefully with the new data rollover update, you will retain data you didn't use within the last month. Another suggestion is to change your data plan, or get WiFi instead.

5. Jazzykay18

Jazzykay18New Member

Threads:

6. westmixxin

westmixxinMember

Threads:
    It seems like this whole data thing is really getting out of control I remember when the data conversation didn’t even exist and then all the sudden these different companies decided to charge you for something that used to be all-inclusive.

7. ReadWriteLearnLove

Threads:
    We have wifi, and connect to wifi networks wherever we can, that's why the data usage seems so strange all of a sudden, especially since we haven't changed any of our normal usage and habits. Thanks for the suggestion though. We are keeping a close eye on it to see if we can figure it out.

8. J. Arizin

J. ArizinNew Member

Threads:
    When you said you upgraded your data plan, when did it take effect? Because if it occurred in the middle of your billing cycle, prorated usage may happen. I would also suggest you use the MYAT&T app to see who is using the data. It may only be due to one phone. If that is the case, check for automatic software updates and turn off the mobile data contact customer service for support.