Attend Free Events

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Feb 23, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For those who budget for entertainment, attending free events could shave off some bucks from your budget. In many cities, free events are not that hard to come by. There always will be a free event which you can attend and it would cost you nothing. Had a look at free events in NYC and it's like you can fill your entire calender [for the year] going to free events only. How much do you think you'd save?

Do any of you take advantage of this and instead of spending lots of money on weekends, save more than half of what you originally planned to spend?

Or need help finding free events in your city/town? Just search: "free events [your city/town]" with or without the quotes.

2. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I often try to track down free event options. It's a waste if you don't take advantage of them. Yes, they are often sponsored by some organization that heavily brands the event. But I'm happy to accept that in return for a free way to use my time.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to plan and organize some of these free events and have worked at so many. They are great fun even when you are working there. People do think free isn't good, but often it is sponsored and there are many giveaways and competitions. Most places always have seasonal concerts and fairs and it helps the community get together as well.

4. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    For some reason I never thought about searching free events to attend. This is a great idea! I love to take day trips with my family! Money is a little tight right now. It would be great to find some free events to attend. I am looking forward to planning my weekends and summer with some free events!

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I have not been very much good in attending events these days, even if they are totally for free. I have loads of things to do, and time is really precious to me. If I ever got the time and energy to do so, I wouldn't hesitate to go to one, because who doesn't want to relax, enjoy and have fun, right?

6. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think attending free events is a great way to support your local community. Often at these free events there are local vendors who sell their wares. Or you have an opportunity to donate or raffle so that the sponsor of the event gets support. And that sponsor no doubt gives work to many who live in that or nearby communities so it is like 'keeping it in the family'. The most free events I have been to are ones the city has put on or the public library.

7. steph7h

steph7hActive Member

Threads:
    Also check museums for any free days or free bonus hours. There is one museum in our state that has a free night once a month for four hours, which would be plenty of time to enjoy the museum. It might be more crowded than other days, but if you know that going into it, it wouldn't be as bad.

8. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I attend a lot of free events, and there are many things in my local area that you can go to. For example, one evening each week our local cinema screens a movie for free, so I will go to see that if there is something on that I like the look of. In addition to this, I will attend a free pub quiz once a week that offers free quiz and food, so that saves me cooking for one evening, especially considering that the drinks aren't expensive either so one will last me the whole of the night. There are often bands playing for free as well in our local bars, so these types of events are great to look out for.