Auto Zone, Napa or O'Reillys for auto parts?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by justusforus • Oct 30, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I like to fix things like switches, bulbs, headlamps and small repairs on my car. I have found Napa to be pricey and not great customer service. Auto Zone has helpful people and they seem to be able to look up any part and often have them in stock. O'Reillys also has good customer service but not as much selection. What is your experience with auto parts stores and what is your choice for best?

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We just had an O'Reilly's open a new store in our small town and so far have been really pleased with them. They seem to have just as much of a selection as our local Napa store. Napa is a bit farther of a drive so it depends on what it is and who's got the better price on it that determines which one we go to. Auto Zone is much too far away for us to consider. Right now, I would say O'Reilly's is our best option for an auto parts store.

3. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    My favorite is O'Reilly's solely based on customer service! I don't buy a lot of stuff at any of the car places so stock doesn't bother me they always seem to have the few things I need. Customer service there however is great! Anything I need the put in for me, well within reason. They replaced my battery for me, they replace my lights whenever I need them! It's great! I love going there!

4. Pawski

PawskiNew Member

Threads:
    I have always gone with O'Reilly. At the end of the day they have always seemed to be able to fix any issues I have without going into the whole "pushing salesman thing" (trying to tell me I also need to fix <blank>). I've never even tried another place because these guys always seem to do it right the first time.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over the years, I've mostly used O'Reilly, and have never had a problem. They have great customer service, and were closest to where I lived. I have used Auto Zone as well, and likewise, have never had an issue. They've always been helpful, and the prices seem good at both. I've never compared prices between the two, and I've never used NAPA, but I think there's one fairly close by here.

6. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    None of the above. I go to advanced auto parts. The last time I went to auto zone I was ignored while the employees played around. Oreily's is just too expensive for me. They have tried to charge me 3x as much as the other places for the exact same part. As far as Napa, we simply don't have one around here. I have never stepped foot in one as a matter of fact. So... I stick with advanced where I know I'll get good service at a decent price.

7. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Interesting, I hadn't thought of them, because they're a little bit farther than the others, but still within distance I'd drive for parts. I usually shop around online to compare prices before buying anything, but I knew Auto Zone would run the codes for me, which is why I decided to just purchase the parts while I was there. Hopefully I didn't overpay. Now I'm curious ;).

8. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    I can say that the employees over at the Napa near where I live are very informative and extremely polite. However, I have noticed that they over price completely. O'Reily's has nice employees and relatively knowledgeable people, but they have the best price. I am always completely turned off by Autozone because of how rude all of the employees are, but maybe that is just near where I live.

9. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    There's been an Auto Zone in our neighbourhood for about a year now & just recently they opened an Advanced Auto Parts right across the street from them. Literally directly across the street. How is that a smart business move? Unless you have dramatically different prices you're just going to get half the customers you would at a different location.

10. Diane Lane

Threads:
    There seem to be quite a few auto parts stores near me, also, but, auto repair shops, as well, maybe that's why? Not sure, but I did check the prices at advanced, after kana_marie mentioned Advanced, and I saved a little money by going to Auto Zone. The prices weren't significantly different, but a penny saved is a penny earned. ;)

11. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    The auto zone and advance nearest me are side by side with Orileys across the street. It's ce in handy, though. When Auto Zone ignored me all I had to do was cross the street to O'rileys. I didnt even have to drive. When O'rileys wanted to charge way too much, all I had to do was walk across the street.

12. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Overall it's O'Reilly's that's best to me. Nine times out of ten they have what I need and they have great service. When O'Reilly's doesn't have it and I can't find it at Advance or AutoZone, NAPA usually comes through. You can find things at NAPA that cannot be found anywhere else; but, like you said, they are pricey.

13. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Auto Zone for me, the prices are usually the cheapest and the staff are great. They're happy to order anything in for you at my branch and they always take time to explain the differences between the products. Very helpful : )

14. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Typically I will go to Advance Auto Parts or Autozone. From my experience they typically have the best prices and customer service. I've only been to O'Reilly autoparts on a couple of occasions. And while they had good customer service their prices werent very good at all.

15. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Seriously? Ignored you? What kind of business sense is that? Especially since they know you can walk to any of these other surrounding stores. Sheer ignorance.

16. Megan888

Megan888Member

Threads:
    We have all three in our town. I simply go with what is cheapest for the same product. Most times, at least in our location, Auto Zone gives us the best bang for our buck. All three around here have pretty good customer service and all are located a reasonable distance from my home. They are all willing to give prices over the phone. 5 minutes of phone calls have saved me as much as $60 for the EXACT same product. Our biggest problem with Napa is that they often have to order what we need but sometimes, if possible, it is worth the wait.