Automating Shopping?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Jul 7, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some online stores which make shopping a lot easier for their customers. Once the customer has chosen the products/items they intend to buy, the whole thing could be automated if you like. At the same time each week . . .

The downside of that arrangement, convenient though it might be for some people is the fact that you will never take advantage of any deals that on other sites.

For someone who shops online solely to save some money automated shopping isn't for you. Hunt for deals all over the net — that's the way to save money.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Automated shopping isn't for me, simply because I don't buy the same things every week....or even every month, for that matter.

I do prefer when a site allows me to save my payment information and use one-click shopping at checkout, though. That's really convenient.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can see that would be useful for some people who have little time or buy the same things, but I prefer to shop around and I don't like things in my basket unless I put them there or choose them. Too often you can hit checkout by accident and if your card is registered, it's too late.

I also don't like a store knowing too much about me, but I guess that can't be helped these days with loyalty cards too.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This wouldn't quite work for me, too. I mean, I do buy more or less the same things on a weekly basis, but some things don't feature every week. These may be stuff like cleaning materials, which last a little longer, or some weeks I might indulge and get things I wouldn't ordinarily get. So on that basis, I still want to have full control, even though I often use previous lists as reference.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm sure it can work for some people but personally I'd much rather just keep purchasing regularly myself if I needed it because if I wanted to get a regular supply I'd most likely just buy in bulk and save some money that way and it isn't entirely inconvenient for me either. Additionally, I don't like the idea of having items sent to me regularly because I more or less don't finish my products all at a regular pace so I'd much rather have a bit more control on when I will replace them.

6. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’m someone who takes pleasure in comparison shopping, so automated shopping wouldn’t quite work out for me. I think I’ll always be willing to sacrifice a bit of convenience to save a few bucks, even if I somehow become filthy rich. But I can see how this would come in handy for those who don’t want to give up their time, especially if they buy the same things every week.