Automotive Additives: Do you use them?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by troutski • Aug 18, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a handful of additives designed for automobiles. This includes fuel additives that clean the fuel injection system, oil additives that remove sludge from within the crankcase, and other solutions designed to clean various systems in the vehicle. Do you use any of these additives, and if so, which ones?

2. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    I use gasoline additives, which increase gasoline's octane rating and act as lubricant. This way car gets maximum efficiency out of the fuel, but I'm also careful cause I know that some additives are harmful as well.

3. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    I have used one or two in the past and have not experienced any difference in the way my car runs. The FTC is urging consumers to be cautious with products claiming to improve reduce emissions or gas mileage. The FTC says it has found little gas-saving products that might actually work, and those that do wont result in much savings. A number of these products may lead to engine damage. Check out The FTC site

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I don't use them. Nonetheless, I should use them because they can lead to a lot of savings in gasoline. Nonetheless, I do try to make sure the transmission system is working well by taking the vehicle to a specialty shop every two or three months. However, that may not be enough to make sure things are working at a top performance.