Avon Cosmetics

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Sandra Piddock • Mar 29, 2012.

1. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I've used AVON Cosmetics since I was 16, when my mother was a representative and I used to help her with her deliveries. I was an Avon Rep for years, until ill health and a move abroad made it difficult. I love the Skin So Soft range of toiletries, the Anew skincare range and all their make up. The only cosmetic I don't buy from Avon is nail enamel - I prefer Revlon, because it's longer lasting.

For such good quality, Avon is great value, especially if you can snag one of the deals. I find it more expensive in Spain, so I tend to stock up when I return to the UK. My granddaughter has followed the family tradition in becoming an Avon Rep, so I buy from her. There's also an

, if you don't have access to a representative.

Do you use Avon cosmetics or toiletries? If so, what are your favourite products?

2. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I love Avon, it's a nice alternative to quality products without paying a lot. It's been in my family a long time as well, I remember my grandmother selling it when I was younger and I also have an aunt who has been selling for years. I buy just about everything Avon sells.

3. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I love Avon, it's a nice alternative to quality products without paying a lot. It's been in my family a long time as well, I remember my grandmother selling it when I was younger and I also have an aunt who has been selling for years. I buy just about everything Avon sells.

I tried Mary Kay once and they are way more expensive, I get the same results from Avon.

4. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I love Avon products. I do like the Anew line, tho it is more expensive then the rest. They have a great line of foot care products as well. I like every avon item I have tried, tho I have never tried their make-up. I don't wear much make-up.

5. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I don't wear much make-up either, which is why I like Avon, because the eye shadows and mascara don't dry out over time. With the Anew range, they often offer a free gift with a purchase at full price, so it's worth looking out for. Usually, it's a cosmetic bag full of Avon products, or something useful like a tote bag, which is worth at least as much as the product.

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    My aunt is a representative too, and although I've never tried them, my cousin has and she says they're great, especially skin products.

7. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I really do love Avon products. I have so many Avon items in my makeup bag it is unreal. My favourite of all time has to be their Super Lash Mascara, and in fact, the last time I ordered I ordered 3 because I was so scared they might discontinue it and I would have to find something else!

One time my Avon items came completely mangled in the mail - I ordered online, and I complained, and they replaced all my items at no cost to me. This won them extra brownie points.

8. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I love Superlash Mascara, and I also like Sparkle Lash and Line for evenings out. It's a mascara at one end, and a glitter eye liner at the other end, which you can buy in rainbow or silver. I buy the silver and paint it over my regular eyeliner - which is Avon glimmerstix in blue, brown or black, depending on the colours of my eyeshadow. It looks great, and just adds that little extra to my make up.

It's good that they replaced your products - they always have been hot on customer service, which is why they have so many loyal customers.

9. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    Hmmm...I'm not really a fan, really. I don't like it because you cannot try things before you buy, like you can in a store, and I've been disppointed several times with lip gloss and eyeshadows that I've bought.

The one thing I do like is the perfume - it's cheap but smells great - ideal for work. Unfortunately, I have decided to stop using Avon, as they have just been 'outed' for conducting animal tests for the Chinese market, while continuing to state on their website that they do not conduct animal testing. That's a big no-no for me, so I will be taking my custom elsewhere from now on.

10. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I always keep my eye out for the freebies :) Yes they are a great company like that. They really are for their customers unlike some big companies. I have a lot of respect for Avon.

11. obadiah

obadiahNew Member

Threads:
    I love Avon too and have been using it off and on since I was a teenager. And now they have come out with Anew Genics and I think it is the best thing ever! It is supposed to make you look ten years younger and while I think that may be a little exaggerated it certainly does do wonders for your skin. I also like the Moisture Therapy line of products; I have very dry skin and it works better than anything else I have ever tried. And the bonus is, if you do buy something you don't like or doesn't work for you, you can always return it and get your money back, no questions asked! Does it get any better than that?

12. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Something most people don't realise is that the money back guarantee also extends to cosmetic shades, so if you buy a lipstick, eye shadow or nail enamel and you don't like the colour or it doesn't suit your skin tone, you can exchange it or get a refund. There's also pretty much no time limit on getting your money back - when I was a rep, I once sent back a lipstick that a customer had forgotten about, then tried it and didn't like it. It was about 6 months after the initial purchase, and they still refunded her money.

13. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    Sometimes. I love their showergels. I have this great ring from Avon and I wear it all the time. I also liked their sun lotion with carrots but they don't make it anymore :( I have a couple of lipglosses and a lipstick! The products are great but just when I love somethink they stop to produce it. It sucks!

14. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I love the 'Senses' and 'Skin so Soft' shower gels. Your comment about sun protection has reminded me of something. Avon's After Sun Spray with aloe vera is the best I've ever used. Some years ago, we were on holiday in the height of summer in Spain. After a really hot day, everyone on our landing was in discomfort from sunburn, despite using a high factor lotion. I passed my Avon After Sun around, and by next morning, everyone was comfortable again, after just one application, and there was plenty left in the bottle for the rest of the holiday. I can't recommend that product enough!

15. alahnna

alahnnaMember

Threads:
    I used to sell Avon about 6 years ago. While they did have some good products, I wasn't overly impressed with some of the eyeshadows and eyeliners. I don't wear that stuff much, but I found that the makup did not tend to stay where it was put. I would put a thin line of eyeliner and after a couple hours I always looked like a raccoon. The lip color I did like though and I love the shower gels. The cucumber melon scent was always my favorite

16. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    I like Avon products. They have a really good variety of items. I have thought about selling their products. A lot of people I know already do too, so I'm kind of worried about not getting a lot of customers.

17. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    If you work, take the brochure in with you and get orders from work, and pass brochures around the family and your friends and neighbours. People tend to be very brand loyal where Avon is concerned, so I'm sure you'll have no trouble getting customers. The commission is very good, so you don't need a big customer base to make money. You do have to be disciplined, though, otherwise you'll spend all your earnings on the products.

18. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    My aunts and my late mother used AVON. I think my late grandmother as well. My aunts still use AVON because they love the products. I have only used one item and it was a tube of lipstick. I liked it but I couldn't remember the name of it, so I couldn't get another one. I looked at the catalogue and none of the colours seemed the same. I would like to use AVON because my relatives and friends have said nothing but good things about the brand.

19. Coffeeaddict

CoffeeaddictNew Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of friends who are also reps of Avon so it's a big convenience for me to order the products. I love the eye protector cream because it lessens the appearance of dark undereye and it's so cool, it helps me sleep well. I also buy their lotion and the latest that I so love from their line is the Rose and Rose Hips Anti-Marks Cream. It smells so good and it lightens the pimple marks. I love their products and how it helps a lot of people in earning extra money.

20. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    My husband sells Avon. We get ours at discount. I always watch and buy the specials. I keep a large stock of their shower gels and deoderants in my emergency packs. I love the foot creams as well. I try to wait until the have overstock items cheap and buy as many as I can. He has a website so its not very hard.