Baby Food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by MarriedGirl15 • Apr 5, 2016.

1. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    Do you all prefer to make your babies's food or buy it from the store already made? My 7 month old daughter loves it either way. I did notice a few weeks ago that she wouldn't either the banana baby food but when I took some bananas and smashed them in a bowl she had no problem eating it.

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I would only buy baby food if I was in a pinch and needed something quick. I also buy it when I am too tired, but I find that batch cooking and separating, freezing, labeling and all of that is cheaper, but it takes time. It is a Sunday, all day process and it works for my family.

3. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I always made my baby food for both my kids. I liked knowing that the food was real and not processed in any way. I found that I was able to save a lot of money by making my own food too. I used ice cube trays to freeze the portions and then stored them in freezer bags. I even made my own meals of chicken, rice and veggies and would freeze those in small containers as well. If you look on baby food jars you will see that there really isn't a lot of meat in those pasta meals and they can be filled with starches and empty calories. I would stick to making your own. It's healthier and cheaper.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have any kids of my own, but I've been around a lot of them and was also an au pair for a time. If I really had the choice and time, I'd always opt for making my own. It's healthier, more nutritious, you know exactly what's gone into your baby's food and more affordable, because you can use some of the same food you make for the rest of the family. However, this can be a royal nightmare for working mums, because it requires a lot of time, which most just don't have!

5. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I made most of my son's baby foods. He loves homemade applesauce, and steamed, soft vegetables such as broccoli or cooked sweek potato. Some fruits and vegetables are already easy to use as they are, such as bananas and avocados. I prefer to use fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables to make my own baby food, instead of buying baby food from the store. It is less expensive, and has less preservatives. I have purchased some prepared baby foods on sale with coupons to have on hand when we travel, as they are easy to throw in the diaper bag and leave there just in case.