Baby items for afforable prices?

Discussion in Make a Specific Deal/Coupon Request started by Mrs. Pirz • Apr 2, 2012.

1. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I am currently pregnant with my first child and I'm 5 months along. After moving into a new apartment 3 months into my pregnancy my husband and I were left with the task of starting from scratch ; new appliances, new furniture, new bills and most importantly a brand new NURSERY!

We started looking around for baby items at bargain prices and have purchased the main items for the baby so far at reasonable prices. We have the crib, the bassinet, the changing table that doubles as a dresser, the glider, the diaper pale and the baby monitors.

We of course still need a million other things but Im looking for great prices for the little things such as bottles, crib sheets, pacifiers, diapers and wipes, shoes, blankets, bibs etc.

Anyone know where I can get great deals? I am currently an Amazon mom on

and I know there are great things on there but I would still like to find other places that may have cheaper items. Anyone?

2. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    If you have any stores like Gordmans, Marshalls, and Gaberiel Brothers, you can normally find some items there pretty cheap. There are a ton of freebie sites like Spoofie that have baby items for free. I have a friend that was able to get 5 free baby bottles by checking these places regularly. I know that Pampers used to have a points program to help get diapers for a decent price. All kinds of people bought diapers for me at my baby shower. I was able to get some free diapers by using the pampers points. Check out sites like craigslist and Facebook has groups for local online sales. If you plan on having a baby shower make sure to register at your local Wal-Mart or Target. It is not rude to let people know that you have registered for gifts. I actually perfer it if people let me know. Then I can go to the store and see what people have already bought them, and what they still need. You are allowed to put diapers and wipes on those also.

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Our local Marshalls does have baby items but in poor condition since the stock personel takes very little care of where they put things. How does the Spoofie site work?
    I do not have plans for a baby shower but I am registered with Walmart and Amazon already. Is the pamper rewards program based on Pamper product purchases? How safe is it to purcahse baby items from Craigslist? I've thought about it but Im on the fence with the matter.

4. andreamccracken

andreamccrackenNew Member

Threads:
    Well congrats! I have several ideas for you.

is awesome! I love the things that come through this site!

is an amazing clothing trading place. Now there are deals that come up online for this site so keep your eye out.
    3. Babysteals.com
    4. babycheapskate.com

For things like Desitin, thermometers, nasal syringes, etc. look on Ebay.
    Also join your local Mommies Network

Meetup.com also has many mommy related get togethers and coupon trading groups.
    Lastly, be sure to look at Once Upon a Child, Childs Orchard, Kid to Kid.

I have had some luck with buying clothes on Ebay but I do not recommend it. That's why I mentioned getting other things on Ebay.
    Also, it is recommended to get a new mattress and never a new one because used bedding has been shown to increase the liklihood of SIDS.
    Also not recommended, a used carseat. These items will unfortunately be your more costly items. But worth the extra costs for safety reasons.

Rent your breast pump from the hospital. They are better quality and then you don't have to try to resell it.

Be sure to check out the feedback on Babiesrus.com The Moms on there are very knowledable and will keep you from buying things that don't work well.

#4Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  5. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    I would check craigslist sometimes people give away free baby clothes or stuff because their kid outgrew them. Just an idea :)

6. rachallen

rachallenNew Member

Threads:
    Do you have any resale Baby shops in your area? We have a couple close to me and they are required to test everything (they can not sell you anything that is old, moldy, damaged or dangerous for your child). You can also try Walmart or Ikea. I love Ikea. They are fairly cheap and carry lots of baby items. I have never been to a Marshalls before, but they sound like another good bet. I had lots of friends and family who gave me lots of things. This was nice, because I knew where they came from and knew they were in very good condition.

7. RPCOM

RPCOMNew Member

Threads:
    Do you want to buy online? Try MyStrollers.com. Really cheap deals. Check 'em out! Hope it helps.

8. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Friends and family are great resources for any hand-me-down clothes and items. They are also good at gift giving but you may need to give them hints as to what is needed. Target, ShopKo, K-Mart and Walmart have really good clearance deals and don't forget about garage sales and thrift stores as you can find some brand new items there with the tags and wrapping still in place.
    Congratulations on your first child!
    :D

9. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    I hit the clearance racks at Carters for cheap clothes. And Walmart and Target brand wipes are cheap and work just as well as pampers or other brand names. I also made most of my own baby food when it comes time for that with my food processor. Saved us a ton of money. Plus we used cloth diapers most of the time. Also saved a ton of money but I only recommend it if you have access to your own washer/dryer or plan to use a service.

10. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Thank you guys! I actually have gotten lots of clothes from my family and a co-worker that was kind enough to donate. Clothes wise I have received over 80 outfits for her, she probably won't even get a chance to wear them all. I purchased the big items already and she's ready to come home. I am just missing a baby mattress but other than that she has it all and it was relatively cheap. We took advantage of many coupons, some hand me downs, Amazon mom and some other specials. I also took some of your tips and stopped at a few garage sales. Thank you for all your advice

11. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    Have you tried looking on facebook to see if you have any local yard sale area pages? Its usually a group of people in your area that are selling their items online. They post pictures of the items and the price. You can discuss making offers on the post. Its really great! I have seen soo many deals on baby items! I am a member of about 6 groups that are in my area, I see awesome deals all the time. I have seen many of the $60 bouncers for $10-$20! and swings that are $100+ new are $40-$50! I plan to buy some of this stuff pretty soon! I think its great and good to look into. Some of these items are only used for 2-3 months so they rarely get damaged or even show wear. And sometimes they don't get used at all. I have a travel swing that I paid $50 new for and my son only used it 3 times. I plan to resale it on the site for $20

12. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm also looking for a website where I can get baby items delivered to my door at pretty low prices. My sister is pregnant at the moment and I want to get everything ready for her so that she doesn't have to worry much about clothes, bottles, a sterilizer, and things like that. I want to do all of that for her.