Baby powder as dry shampoo?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by chiofthenorns • Nov 23, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever tried using baby powder as dry shampoo? Dry shampoos are really expensive for some reason. However, I really need one right now because I had my hair rebonded yesterday, and I can't wash it for three days. Thank you for the tips!

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm positive that it could work, people take powder baths all the time when they can't take a proper wet shower for any reason. Since it's only for the short-term (3 days) I don't really see any harm in doing so, besides having that baby powder smell on you haha.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you have had your hair professionally done, it is probably best to seek advice from the stylist regarding what is safe to clean your hair. If you are not supposed to wash it, putting any type of product on it might not be good for it. Did they suggest dry shampoo? Maybe they can recommend a less expensive one (salon products always cost more). While baby powder can work in a pinch for untreated hair, I wouldn't suggest it to anyone that has had a recent hair treatment that might be affected by it. Just my opinion.