Baby Registry

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Zyni • Sep 22, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Did you or do you have a baby registry? It seems like more and more people are setting up registries for weddings and even for other events. It just makes sense to me to use this service when having a baby as well. Too often, people have no idea what to get. When you give them a list of things to pick from, it makes it easier for them to shop and better for you to get what you want and need.

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I did this when I was pregnant. It would have saved us a lot of money and duplicates in gifts. I'd also be able to choose which gifts I would like. I got duplicates of teethers, bottles and clothes. They are nice and all but the problem is that, they gave the exact same things of each item lol. I would rather they give me bibs (very important in a newborn), burp cloths and socks (rather than booties).

3. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I can understand for a wedding because you'd have so many guests probably. But for babies I didn't ever really understand why that was necessary. Just tell people what you want/need for your baby and you'll always get what you need at the baby shower or later on. I've never used a registry and never will. I think it's just easier the other way and people pretty much know what to get you and if not, tell them. Give people specific things they can get for you.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's great for close friends or family, but sometimes other people are invited to showers as well, such as co-workers, distant relatives, or in-laws that you may not be particularly close to. They may feel awkward asking, and you're certainly not going to walk up to them and say, "hey, buy me this." So, with a registry, you can still give them a list to choose from without fear of getting the "wrong" thing.

I never used one myself, as I don't really remember it being a thing so much back then. I can see why you might find it uncomfortable in some cases, but I generally like the idea. I just never seemed to use up all the many duplicate items....

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I had a baby registry. I just registered at Babies R Us. I think it made things easier for people who wanted to get us gifts. This way we were able to get what we wanted. I had many coworkers who didn't know we were registered and just bought us gifts. I loved the gifts that were tried and true and recommended by other parents. I really appreciated those. Then there were some gifts that I knew I'd never use or we got doubles so I was able to take them back to Walmart and return them for a gift card.