Back to school shopping

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by amurphy46 • Jul 17, 2012.

1. amurphy46

amurphy46New Member

Threads:
    With school just around the corner I wanted to share some of the places we go to get cheap school clothes. One of my favorite places for clothes is Kohls. You can find great kids clothes on clearance for usually 90% off. I like to go towards the end of one season and put them up for next year, of course I buy in bigger sizes. For instance at the end of last summer we got my daughter 10 shirts for $2 a piece, and bought them a size bigger. At the end of winter we bought jeans that were marked down to $3 dollars. Another great store is Target, especially for underwear. Let me know if you have any other store suggestions.:cool:

2. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I love when Kohls has their 90% off rack! It is a great deal not just for kids, but for mom as well! You can score even more when you get a 30% off coupon in the mail or go on a day when you get $10 back for every $50 you spend! I just love Kohls! Walmart also has a great clearance rack, although I really do not shop thee much.

3. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Ahhh yes, back to school, I remember it well. My children are adults now, but I remember getting ready when school got out for summer vacation. Sales here and there for supplies, finding the best deals at Walmart. Clothes I usually got at Ross, Marshalls, and TJ MAxx..... I usually put the discounted designer clothes in a Macy's or Dillard's bag and they were none the wiser.

4. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Back to school - pens, pencils, bookbags, paper, Crayolas - and spending!! Usually for us Wal-Mart is the best place for supplies. Their sales are great - college ruled paper 100 ct for 33cents each, packs of pencils for $1, brand name supplies like Crayola and BiC for $2 - and there is always a great selection as long as you get there before the rush.

Clothes wise it would depend on whether or not the child has to wear uniform. If its casual clothes then usually Ross, Marshalls, Kohl's and sometimes even Burlington! If it's uniform we go to Ibiley or ABC distribution and get them from there since they have every single color, size, shape and logo you can think of and if they dont they will special order it for you. A bit pricier than finding polos at a store but if you have strict uniform policies at a school where the colors are very hard to find this is a great option.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We get the school supplies from Walmart. Now that the kids have to have computer items for school lab we get them from Target. My grandsons have grown so much my daughter has to get men size schools for them, which is not making her happy. We have an outlet mall in our area that has good prices. Nike shoes much less than the stores.

6. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    Walgreens can have great prices too if you go in at the right time. I've gotten colored t-shirts for 5 dollars a pop and even a backpack (childrens size but it fit my purpose) for $10.

7. adolf

adolfNew Member

Threads:
    May be, you have used too many coupon codes but you never find 90% off discount anywhere. This is the best deal, if you are looking for school clothes. I always prefer to buy any needful products through online store and also use coupon codes.

8. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I typically go school clothes shopping in December, when everything is on sale for Christmas. Or, I will go on Black Friday. These are the best times to get clothes, in my opinion.

9. Lloyd

LloydNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping for school supplies after the season ends, when they're clearing out remainders. I've gotten a box of pens for $1, paper for almost free, and binders by the boxful. Wal-Mart is a good candidate, it seems.

I'll have to check out Kohl's, though. I've never tried there.