back to school specials will be here before you know it...

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by S.O. Price • Jul 7, 2012.

1. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Hi, I just wanted to mention that if anyone is in need of a new computer, smart phone, microwave, small refridge, etc., back to school specials are an EXCELLENT time to pick up some great deals for those kind of things. I know a couple of years ago I was in the market for a new laptop for myself and I found a great 'back to school' special. Things that college students might need are really popular sale times in July and August. Do you have to be a college student to get a great deal? No! You just have to love a good bargain.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    You are so right! It is a great time to stock up on glues, pens, pencils and paper as well as the electronics. One of the office supply stores usually has several items for just one penny each. They use the penny items to get people into the store but if that is all you buy you can get several items for less than a quarter.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    They're already here!!

I was just in a store a few minutes ago and they already have the school lists out, the big signs for sales, and extra aisles of school supplies already marked down and ready to go. I'm sure some of the sales will change over the next few weeks, but it's time to start keeping an eye out now!

4. monkeyman22

monkeyman22New Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up! One other thing I'd like to mention is that going even further than the regular sales, everyone should keep an eye out for refurbished items. I know many companies will come out with new products during this season and try their best to get rid of their refurbished stock. Their is nothing wrong at all with these products, its just a nice way to save a little money!

5. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Im already seeing back to school sales in my neighborhood! You are absolutely right - you can get very cute swanky deco pieces for your home now at a great price since college students tend to decorate their dorms and these things go on sale prices. Also bed spreads, decorative pillows, storage systems and even scrap booking goes on sale!

6. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    In the age of technology it is quite common for kids to get new computers for college. I am sure it is the perfect time to get the electronics, thankfully the retailers put them on sale for the start of school :)

7. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, I believe that it's better to hold off on buying your child a new computer before school and wait for the fall when all the major computer brands announce their new models/lines to the general public. That way, all your electronic stores will then put the older models on sale to get rid of all of them.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Another good way to save a few dollars is to ask for open box items the large stores like Best Buy may have available. These items are usually floor models that no longer have the users manual which you can usually find online by manufacture.

9. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I actually seen my local Walmart had some sales going on this week for school supplies. They were selling packs of 150 count paper college ruled for ten cents. I have not seen this priced that low in forever!

10. youtubedomination

youtubedominationMember

Threads:
    I've been hearing it from my kid this week about how summers' almost over, when I made a trip to Walmart yesterday the whole store was in Back to School mode, the huge signs, sales, kids with their parents.

11. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, my local area's retailers are already starting their "pre-back to school" events and I think eBay has one going on too.