bad customer service from Comcast

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by thomas pendrake • Dec 13, 2014.

1. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Last week a technician from Comcast broke the cable into my house while performing a routine test on the cable connections on my street. They said that they would fix it in 4 days since I was only one customer. AT&T provided us new service with 4 times the data speed and several hundred additional channels of much better quality TV for the same price. And they didi it the next day. I found out that the family across the street had recently switched service for similar reasons. The customer service for comcast is situated in India, the reps can barely speak English, and they must have to send the techs from India (The tech from Comcast who finally showed up was American, polite, and capable. He was also very apologetic.

I just wonder how many other people have had such poor service from Comcast?
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

#1Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  2. maxim66

maxim66New Member

Threads:
    Comcast are notorious for this. It really is nothing new. I actually think that Google Fibre is the only ISP that is not plain shit (Excuse my language, but it is true.).
    All throughout the year of 2014 I did not hear a single positive thing about Comcast, or TimeWarner Cable. Anything I hear about them is just negative, and that's being kind.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It really is nothing new. If you take a look at past threads and pretty much everywhere on the Internet, you'll see tons of negative comments. I honestly think they're trying to be a dictator of the world. I mean they took ownership of NBC, Universal and Viacom. Now they got some sort of deal with Verizon. What's next?
    I also hear that they have manipulated internet speeds so they can have a "high speed" which you pay more for. Based on their track record, I highly doubt this is just a rumor.

4. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    About two years ago I cut the cable cord for good. honestly some of these providers are the worst. the problem was over a payment I made and they cashed but for whatever reason mis-posted. these people were the worst. I spent hours on the phone, I faxed them copies of the cancelled check and still they sent a tech out to shut off the service. well guess what the joke is on them I kept it off and now I am $1500 w year richer. Oh yea and then I get this letter saying they found the error and applied it to my account reversing the charges, when will I be available to sit home all day so they can come out and turn it on? well they can keep it.

I bought a Roku box and switched to online viewing. Seriously the shows I watch are all online anyway, most for free from the major networks so what was a paying for? I believe that cable TV is on life support. pretty soon you will be able to subscribe direct to any channel you like via internet membership. Who needs a middle man with a bad attitude.

5. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    I once worked for a contractor that had be sub-contracted out to Comcast's "premium" Xfinity support. It was a decent enough paying job, and for me it was an excellent entry in to the IT world, however the majority of my peers were... well, technologically inept. Comcast stressed the sales portion of our jobs far more than any support or technical ability. We ended up being glorified pushers trying to get people to upgrade plans rather than fixing whatever problem they had with the existing.

Made me feel kind of hollow inside after a while - leading me to quit before I even reached 6 months. Comcast is hell.

6. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have anything better to say about Time Warner Cable, but maybe they are under the same parent company... I had to call 5+ times to get my cable TV out of my name, and switched to my old roommate's name. It took almost 5 months, and again, numerous phones call to get it properly switched over. Never again will I sign up for any cable company.

I hope we see all networks go to a online streaming/membership program, but I know the cable companies have a lot of power, and they won't go down without a fight.

7. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry about your bad experience. Personally, I have not dealt with them on a bad note. I have heard a lot of negative stores, though. My boyfriend told me how a worker was supposed to show up within the given time period but never did. The employee on the phone tried to tell him that someone showed up, but no one was home. This was untrue considering he was waiting and purposely keeping an eye out for when they arrived.

8. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Comcast has so much bad reputation over the internet, i'm amazed they are still on the market. They have been bashed, yelled at, almost sued, cursed, and hated among most of the clients who dealt with their crappy customer service. They seem to break more stuff then they can fix and they are never on time. The overall quality of their service is pretty low compared to other companies and I would very much like to see them show a little respect to customers.

9. thomas pendrake

Threads:
    I have been on AT&T for about 2 months now and find that I have much better service. Comcast was constantly going out for a few minutes, and I have never noticed that problem with AT&T. AT&T used to have problems, but I guess they listened to their customers. I am at 45 mbs, more that twice the best that Comcast offers around here (and brags about). I also bet a good basic TV package, but still watch a lot using my ROKU, which is one of the main reasons I need high speed internet. We have 3 TVs in the house, and we all stream much HULU, Netflix, and Acorn.

10. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    Yes , I have read lots of complaints regarding Comcast in this forum and in other ones as well. I might have chosen Comcast if I hadn't read all the comments from angry customers, lucky me I guess. But are you sure they send their techs all they from India?

11. thomas pendrake

Threads:
    The techs are local, they are dispatched from India and locally if you go through all the hoops, etc. too find someone local to complain to. The tech who came out to fix the problem (too late) told me that they also have to deal with India and he had a perfect imitation of how one of the Indian techs sounds.