Bad Online Shop Directory

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Pandorical • Apr 9, 2012.

1. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    If anyone has found an online Shop To be a scam or you've had a bad experience with them please post them below. I'll keep an eye out in this section so if anyone posts one on another thread I'll try and add it here. Also, even if someone else has posted about them before, please post your own so I can add the correct tags to the website.

Tags

Did not send purchase
    [C] Bad customer service
    [D] Defective items
    [F] Sells fakes
    More coming soon when I think of them. Feel free to suggest new ones.

Shops (in order added)

Use Ctrl + F if you're looking for a certain shop.

Everbuying.com [C]
    aHappyDeal.com [D] "barely speak any English, and tell you the same thing they do in their messages"
    Sammydress.com
    Ticketmaster.co.uk (and .com) [C] (Just because they're big doesn't mean you can trust them).
    Romwe.com (However, they have good customer service and will refund you).

#1Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2016
  2. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Ticketmaster.co.uk [C]

3. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    Amazon Market Place [D] [C]

I do want to clarify that I do not mean Amazon.com in general. There is a certain section called the Market Place where anyone can sell products. Electronics seem to be the worst items to buy on there. We bought an MP3 player for my son. When it arrived, it did not work. The seller did not want to refund us. My husband thought that he would try again, and he bought a PS3. It was suppose to be a new one, but we were sent a used one. When we got it set up, it would not even turn on. The seller was extremely rude and tried to blame us for the malfunction. He even tried to tell us that we needed to learn how to use YouTube to find videos on how to fix it. It took us over 3 months to get our money back, even after we sent the product back. We didn't even get a full refund.

When I shop on Amazon, I make sure that the product is coming straight from Amazon. I love Amazon, but stay away from the Market Place when it comes to electronics.

4. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    That's definitely not the case with every seller on there. Could you try and get the seller's name's and I'll put them on. It seems to be fairer.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    GREAT post, Pandorical! This should be a sticky. That way people would always have a look at it before buying anything online.

You've already added the 3 stores I hate the most there. Great! :)

I'd have to add this though. If you buy from Chinese stores, most products are fakes/knockoffs. You get what you pay for, right? Fake doesn't always mean bad though. You just need to have a look at the reviews.

Also, most Chinese sites have AWFUL, and I mean AWFUL customer support services. I even called the aHappyDeal customer center in China and they barely speak any English, and tell you the same thing they do in their messages. So if you're buying on any of those sites, don't expect to get great support. Try to use PayPal for them to be on your side.

6. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    I never initially ran into too many bad set ups for online stores. But that's mostly because I'm probably used to the ones I got to and I'm set in my ways.

7. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone else had any bad experiences with an online store? Make sure you post if you have.

8. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    I wanted to try the site romwe dot com. I ordered a ring. I'm still waiting. The good thing is that they have great customer service, they answered all the emails on the next day and refund my money, but I didn't order again. But what about the next time? The prices are so high there anyway! I saw some of there clothes and bags in Ebay and other sites and they were cheaper!

#8Apr 13, 2012
  9. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    Added to the post, with the info you gave me. Thanks for sharing! :)

#9Apr 16, 2012
  10. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:

Maybe I should explain more what happened, so people don't think I'm just haiting for no reason.

My sisters 18th Birthday was coming up. She loves McFly. So I ran to the Ticketmaster Site the day the tickets came out and purchased 3 tickets to see them at Glasgow. Glasgow is a 2 hour drive from me, but I figured its OK It will be worth it.

I spent almost 100 pounds on the tickets, and they looked like fairly decent seats, so I was excited.

We finally got to the venue after a 2 hour train ride, and ran to our seats. Only to find someone else had our seats. Ticket Master had double sold the seats, they had actually sold us seats which were issued to another ticketing venue, and were not authorized to be sold by Ticketmaster. I immediately asked for the manager of the Venue, who as all to ready to kick us out. So I created a scene.

He let us stay, and put us in the very back row, of the huge auditorium. But at least we got to stay. Needless to say, my sisters birthday was ruined.

One the way home from the venue, I called ticket master, and they told me they "do not issue refunds under any circumstances". I called them every day for about a week, and I continued to get the same response. No refund.

I then started mailing them, unstamped envelopes, plus the phone calls, for around 1 month. I was still told we do not issue refunds, it is your problem.

Eventually, I had to threaten them. I told them what they had done was fraud. They had knowingly took my money, without ever providing me with a service. I told them if they did no respond, I would be seeing them in court, to claim it back.

The next day, without any warning, I got the ticket money back in my account. No apology, not a penny more, just the money they took.

This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with!

11. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    O M G

I was wondering about this exact same thing. I have been pondering making a cheap purchase of a laptop from a seller in the market place...but now I'm not so sure. I also want to try Ebay out, but I really worry about getting scammed by some cruddy jerk of a person.

12. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I've heard bad stuff about them but never that bad.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really have no experiences yet with scammy online stores, but I was about to buy something from dinodirect.com, but as usual I did type "dinodirect scam" on Google first before paying for the item. Lo and behold, a whole plethora of complaints like not sending the item were found. Needless to say I cancelled my order. Moral of the story? Always Google the site first before purchasing anything.