BAKING SODA - Sodium Bicarbonate

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by owesem75 • Jan 15, 2015.

1. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone, recently I had this terrible itch problem on my leg and it ruined my regular sleep pattern because it was REALLY itchy specially at night. I did some research and found out that SODIUM BICARBONATE or commonly known as the BAKING SODA makes wonder as a quick remedy for many things. Further research shows that it could "possibly" cure/prevent cancer?!?!?! wow!

Further research on google has lead me to many write-ups and testimonies about this powder. So, what I did, I add some 2tbs of it on my bath water.. and sometimes, I used it as an alternative to my regular toothpaste.. I also add some SB on the water I used to gargle.. I think it is OK... what do you think? is any of you have used SODIUM BICARBONATE as a quick health problem remedy?

By the way, I also add some powder on my shoes to prevent fungi smell.

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I can relate, I had a bad case of hives in August due to an allergic reaction I had to a medication. I was itchy and miserable. Like you I found out online about using Baking Soda to create a paste using baking soda and water. I would apply it onto my hives which were all over my body. Yes it could be a bit messy at times. But it worked great at helping to maintain some of my itching.

The baking soda was one of the things that got me through that difficult time it really was a life saver. But to be honest I had no idea that it was being discovered that Baking Soda could help prevent or cure cancer this is interesting information to know. I guess baking soda really is a versatile and helpful product.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never used baking soda by itself but if the acid reflux gets too bad I turn to baking soda vinegar. It tastes awful but it's a quick fix for a severe attack.

4. Adrienne Edwards

Adrienne EdwardsNew Member

Threads:
    Baking Soda have so many benefits. It is great. I brush my teeth with it in place of toothpaste. I clean my home with it. One thing I have done with it is clean my sink with it. I can't take the smells of cleaners so just pour it down my drains with a little peroxide and it clears every thing out of them. It also helped me with healing skin issues. I buy it like I buy toilet paper and water. It is an essential.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have often used baking soda to help relax my tomach when it gets a little out of sorts, if I get too many beans my stomach may rubble a little. Baking soda is a good cure for stomach conditions.

I also but baking soda and vinegar in the laundry if it is really smelly to help with the smell.

6. brreeves

brreevesNew Member

Threads:
    I use it to clean my sink drain, refrigerator, and rugs. Just sprinkle a little on your rug or carpet and vacuum it up! I also brush my teeth with it, and it definitely makes a difference. I've done the shoe deodorizing thing as well, especially in my workout shoes!

7. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I think for acid reflux, you can just try to add a small amount of baking soda to a glass of water and that's it. You don't need to add it to a vinegar.. you are not trying to clean a pipe.. LOL. The baking soda in the water is enough to cure this.... just based on what I read so far.

8. Laura Greenbrier

Laura GreenbrierNew Member

Threads:
    You are singing my song--I refuse to use any toxic cleaners in my home, with the exception of bleach when I wash whites. Baking soda in a big box is a staple in our home. I use it as a mild abrasive to clean my countertops and tub. I also sprinkle it on our rugs as a freshening agent before vacuuming it up. Its sister cleanser is white vinegar--I always have both on hand. And, of course, the same baking soda goes into my scones and other baked goods. Check the box of your local brand or do a search for baking soda's non-toxic cleaning properties--you might be surprised!

9. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Wow!! I never thought that baking soda is so useful. I only used baking soda to clean my sink and refrigerator. Lately, my mother in-law recommended that I use baking soda when washing clothes. I just have to put a little amount of it with my liquid detergent. I was hesitant to try it, but when I did try it, it really works. I never knew either that this can be used as a toothpaste too or as a deodorizer. Now that I know, I am very eager to try this for myself.

10. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I use baking soda for brushing my teeth. I have also read about its use, with either molasses or maple syrup, to help cure cancer. The Joy to Live site has some in depth information about it and how it works in the body. This using it for itching is new info for me. It is good to know. I also never used it for cleaning. I know chemical cleansers are so overpowering. So, it is definitely worth a try.