Bammy With Fish

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ExpertAdvice • Feb 22, 2015.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Just Google the word "Bammy" and you'll see what I'm speaking about for all who don't know that it is. I bought some Bammy and fish(sprinkled in lime juice) today and man was it good! Jamaican food tastes soooo great! I would recommend anyone to try this dish! If you cannot buy it because you don't see it anywhere...cook it! I'm sure it'll taste even better to you because it came from you!

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    It's the first time I've heard of such a bread, sadly I don't think that it's available where I live. Still it does sound like a really tasty combination!

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I had to google it. Then I had to find a DIY recipe because I want to try it really bad and there isn't any where I am currently located. Yet, there is alot of cassava so I think it would be easy to make here. (They usually fry their cassava bread here as far as I know.) For those who might be interested, here are one of the recipe's I found:
    Soak the grated cassava or 'Bammy' in coconut milk. After it soaks a little flip and make sure both sides get it good (its reminding me of how you do french toast).
    If you are using canned coconut milk you can dilute. Let stand for 5 minutes.
    You can broil both sides or the recipe says you can fry it as well. ( I was recently told they do their cassava sweet in the coastal town we just moved to mixed with coconut. They roll it in 'thick finger' shapes and then fry it. It sounds very familiar. I wish I had tasted the Jamaican Bammy to be able to compare. I recently tried the fryed cassava with sugar and really liked it. Prior to this I had only had it salty. Now I"m looking forward to trying it with coconut.