Barely-There bras

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by kinser • Apr 16, 2012.

1. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    Barely-There sports bras are the most comfortable undergarment I have ever worn. There are no wires or tags, and they are very supportive. They come in a variety of colors, so they can be worn with many outfits. I haven't used any other bra since I discovered them several years ago. I buy them through Kohls, and every so often they have a great sale going on. I definitely recommend them to anyone who is sick of wearing an uncomfortable bra.

2. mrsalphabet

mrsalphabetMember

Threads:
    Do you think they would offer enough support for say a 36 DD? I hate bra shopping :(

3. lovely5225

lovely5225New Member

Threads:
    I am ALL about comfort. I hate wires..I have one sticking me right now! lol..tmi? sorry. I love kohls...I have a credit card there...uhh ohh..I here the website calling my name. :) Gonna go check it out.
    thx!

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:

I hate bra shopping too. I'm a 40DDD. I don't think anything with the name Barely There will be enough support for me.

5. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't mind a new bra. I recently got a pretty decent one from Walmart that has no wires, but it actually offers a fair bit of support. The problem is that the straps won't stay adjusted and always slip off of my shoulders. I HATE THAT!! So, maybe a sports bra is a good option for me. I just hate how compressed I feel when I wear them.

6. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm, I don't know. I'm a 36C and find them very supportive. I think they come in sizes xs through xl (I buy the large). I find the elastic holds up great, so it would probably give you enough support at least when you want to be comfy. They don't shrink like cheaper sports bras I've purchased either.

7. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    No slipping straps here (I remember that being one of my big bra pet-peeves). They are racer-back, so the straps stay put, and the whole bra stays put for that matter.

8. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure, but the material is a lot thicker for these bras than say, their underwear. The underwear is probably where the company got the name b/c it's really thin material that doesn't show panty lines (I'm not a thong girl, so I love these too). The bras are pretty sturdy.

9. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    A barely there bra sounds perfect! I have gotten to the point where I hate wearing bras because I find them so uncomfortable. I hate the underwire ones now, too, although I used to prefer that kind.

10. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    These sound great! I was browsing this part of the forum looking for something nice to get her. These sound great! Do many girls have these though? She the sporty type so she just might already have a pair of these lying around. Do you think I should go ahead and get her a pair?

11. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Thirded! I am a 32DD which may sound awesome, but having a skinny back and big boobs is almost impossible to find in any stores!

12. alahnna

alahnnaMember

Threads:
    I am going to have to give these a try. I hate bra shopping and whenever I find a good deal, the bra never seems to hold up for very long. I haven't been able to use anything but underwire in years or the girls are practically lying on the floor :rolleyes: I can never seem to find some nice, pretty ones in my size either. It seems you have to give up looking sexy for support as a bigger chested girl.

13. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I am very picky about the bras I wear, finding one that is comfortable is extremely difficult for me. Plus, I frequently feel, squished in many bras I buy (even after being sized properly). Do you think I would encounter these problems with the barely-there bras? I have been contemplating purchasing one to try it out, but I have been very iffy about it.

14. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    No, I think you will be very comfortable in this bra (to be clear, it's the sports bra I'm talking about - I've never tried their other ones). I never have that squished-feeling with these bras becase the elastic conforms very well to your shape. They don't cause bulges (like that dreaded "back-fat" that some bras cause) either. They just fit like a glove, and they stay right in place. I have always been the type to be ultra-sensitive to the feel of clothing, from material (don't even mention wool!) to a tight-fit. Ill-fitting or uncomfortable clothing is enough to ruin my whole day - I can't concentrate on anything, LOL. I will never, ever wear a bra with underwire again! Or straps that cut and slide, or thin, rough elastic that cuts into your skin and squishes up everything.

15. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm, I might just have to get one. I was concerned with how compressed I might feel in it because that's why I don't like sports bras in general. Well, that and the uni boob thing. But some shirts work fine with a uni boob ;)

16. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    Do you know if they make maternity bras? I don't have too much of a hard time finding bras, but had a heck of a time when I was pregnant and breastfeeding to find a bra that was supportive, yet gentle. It sounds as if they are really nice every day bras though, might have to look into getting a couple! Thanks for posting!

17. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't shopped for a bra in a very long while. Oh yes, I do go shopping for bras even though I am a man. My mother used to have a shop selling bras so I know what I am looking for. These Barely-There bras look good. (Yes, I mean the bras themselves) I would buy some if I have someone to buy it for.

18. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just checked out the Barely There website. They don't carry my size. No worries, I'm used to it. It does look like a great bra though. I really like the no underwire option.

19. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    How long do they last, though? I've had bras similar to this before that seem awesome. The elastic conforms so well, though, that it doesn't seem to take long before it gets stretched out or loses its elasticity. Do you run into that with these? (specifically the sports bras and not so much some of the others)

20. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    Oh duh, I should have looked at the actual website. I was just thinking of it as sports bras but I see that they also have regular bras. They look really comfortable and quite nice at the same time. The "choose a collection" page has some really interesting bra ideas there :D I want the duct tape bra, please!