Bargaining Tips

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Sep 10, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The fine art of bargaining can save you a lot of money once you master it. Got some tips for those who are still learning how to do it right:

- At all times be polite. The person you are talking to will be more willing to listen to you if you are polite.

- Not all ventures end in success. Same applies to bargaining. There are times the prices will be slashed down and there are times the prices won't budge.

- Learn the art in smaller venues [smaller stores] first. Practice hard. Don't pay full price unless you are informed that the price is fixed.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Good tips, thanks. Personally my favorite style to bargain is to buy more than one item. I find it a little awkward to ask for a lower price without giving them something in return because I prefer making deals where both sides have something to gain. From time to time I won't mind asking for less even if I'm just buying a single item, but mostly I prefer giving them more sales in return for a discount.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This can be done when shopping in flea markets and those pirated goods stores that I go to. I think asking for a discount when you are a regular customer already would be more suitable than asking for a discount the first time you buy, since you can be seen as very thick and stingy.

4. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I love these tips! I also have one tip to add. Whenever we go to flea markets, we always have change or smaller bills. This way, the vendor won't see that we have a lot of money on us. Lol. It also helps to haggle more when they see that you have the exact amount that you're haggling to. When you bring bigger bills, they tend to think that you're well-off or rich.