Barter for Auto Repair and Maintenance?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Zyni • Oct 6, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know there are actual bartering places out there, but I'm not a member of any of them at this point. I still like to find ways to barter with other people occasionally. I have a relative who owns a landscape business, so he "takes it out in trade" with a mechanic friend. His friend maintains and fixes his vehicle, and he keeps the friend's lawn in good shape. Do you have any set ups like this or have you ever tried it? You could try trading babysitting or housekeeping or something for car repair.

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Ha! That would be a great set up. That relative of yours with the lawn must have a big lawn that would be expensive to take care of professionally that he can get his friend to do car repairs for him. I have never done that but if I had a friend who was a mechanic and we could barter like that I would definitely take him up on it, because lawn repair can be ridiculously expensive.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, if his vehicle needs something extreme, he'll end up paying the difference in cash. But, some yard work can be pretty costly too, so it usually works out. Fertilizing, planting, trimming trees, cleaning gutters... he'll also plow the driveway in the winter and stuff like that. A lot of things people would rather not do themselves, they might be willing to trade another service.