Barter Trade?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Jun 18, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many people look back at the days long gone when barter trade was still a thing. But it's not entirely gone, is it?

It still exists to some extent only this time round it's called "swapping."

Someone who wishes to save some cash can for example offer his/her services [like weeding a neighbor's garden] in exchange for something, say flowers from the garden which they can then give someone as a gift.

Ever tried some barter trade to save money?

2. Crystal Sweet

Crystal SweetNew Member

Threads:
    I have traded items with others on my local buy / sell Facebook groups. I think its a great way to save money!

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I currently live in a third world country, and here barter is alive and well. Money is often scarce, but the show has to go on somehow. So there is the usual exchange of services and favors that keeps the economy flowing. It's actually quite amazing with how little money you can get by if you really have to.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We have a lot of those offers here in our local version of Craigslist and I've tried it a couple of times. I think it's a great way to save money since you only need to part with items you don't even use anymore anyway. I'm planning on making some of my own offers soon since I still have a lot of leftover Christmas gifts that I have never used and I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to trade since the items are still brand new.