Bath and Body works on the cheap

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Meowmie • Mar 7, 2014.

1. Meowmie

MeowmieMember

Threads:
    I love bath and body works, the smell is so nice, the prices, not so much. Ever notice how the soap in the foaming pump bottles is practically the consistency of water?

After buying several of the foaming soaps I started buying the regular pump cleaners. I mix 12 pumps with a cup of water and stir well, then (this is IMPORTANT) I strain the mixture through a tea strainer into the foaming pump bottles. Any fine strainer will do, just make sure it does have a fine mesh.

One bottle of pump soap cost the same as one bottle of the foaming soap. But you can make many bottles of foaming soap out of one pump bottle. The smell isn't as intense, but it is there.

Why is it important to strain the mixture? Most if not all of their pump soaps now have 'cleansing granules'. They don't make you cleaner, don't have enough in them to exfoliate your skin. I think they are there because they figured people do what I do and those granules will plug up the foaming pump making it useless.

2. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    That's a pretty good idea. You can also save on Bath and Body Works if you wait for the sales and look out for the coupons. I've gotten really good deals there around Christmas and such, for example.

3. Meowmie

MeowmieMember

Threads:
    Oh, trust me, I only order once or twice a year and it's always when there is a good deal, and I usually buy things on clearance. So the Christmas hand sanitizer and soaps were 9 months old when I broke them out in late October.. they worked just as well, even though I bought them after Christmas. I have enough stocked up to last me at a min. of 6 months so I never have to buy because I'm almost out, only when it's a good deal. Some people would call me a cheap skate, my grandmother would say I learned well. :)

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I do love their stuff too! I love that they are affordable especially their body scrubs. I have a collection of their colognes as well. It's hard to put them down!