Bath and Body Works

Discussion in Product Reviews started by vpresson • Sep 25, 2013.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So I just recently started buying my lotion perfume and body wash at bath and body works. I love their selection they have so many different types of smells and I love how I can get all 3 in the same scent. I went this past weekend and got me the cherry Japanese blossom I got the spray body wash and lotion I got all 3 for 15 which isn't a bad price at all. It seems like they are always having sales and if you sign up for their offers they are always sending out coupons it's now my favorite place to shop at for lotion sprays and body wash. What do you think of bath and body works? Have you ever purchased anything from this store?

2. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I love Bath and Body Works, and I purchase my lotions and creams as well as home fragrances from their store. I always look forward to their fall/autumn scents. I always have to have my pumpkin lotions and scented candles to get in the mood for that brisk fall weather and upcoming holidays.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't know they had a pumpkin scent!?! I'm guessing it only comes out when it gets closer to fall right? I haven't tried the pumpkin but I am def going to check it out. I love pumpkin spice candles I usually get from walmart but i'm eager to try bath and body works candles.

4. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    Yup! B&BW comes out with their pumpkin scents every fall, and I always buy a few and stock up on lotions and candles. But not only do they have pumpkin, they carry other fall inspired scents, as well, like apple, cinnamon, spice, etc. Here's a link to their website's Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin page:

Hope you'll find it helpful. :D

5. gracie

gracieMember

Threads:
    My friend loves this place. In fact if there's a word that is higher than 'love' but not to the point of 'obsess' ,that would be the one to describe it. I swear she has pretty much every scent from that store too. I love their sweat pea scent. I got that as a birthday gift and loved it a lot but got so bumped out because I started to break out from hives. I suffer from chronic hives so I break out easily to stuffs that are too strong or harsh. I ended up having to throw away the body lotion and the wash but thankfully the spray works fine for me. I wear the sweet pea spray every time I finish showering. As mentioned,I do notice they always have sales. My friend and I are going to hit the place again on Friday because she has a coupon from there that she wants to use up.

6. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Amongst my group of friends we all love Bath and Body Works. From the lotions to after bath sprays, I agree that the selection and quality of scents can't be beat. The shops smell great and I have always had incredibly helpful customer service.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only time I've purchased from there was to compare to the stuff I make myself and hands down, homemade is better in every way. Even smell. I highly recommend saving your money and doing it yourself.

8. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I've also been interested in learning how to create homemade body products myself. What is the process like? What do you make (lotions, creams, soaps)? I know I can do a search on google and get plenty of information, but I'd like to know what your experience has been like. It would be great if you could share some tips. Thanks! :)

9. BradHemphill

BradHemphillNew Member

Threads:
    I'm probably risking being the only guy posting on the thread, but I have used Bath and Body Works products for years. My favorite scent is Warm Vanilla Sugar. I am a high school girl's basketball coach in a small town and the nearest store is in Phoenix three hours away. More than once, I've bumped into a player or student in Bath and Body Works all by myself. Without fail, they think "what a great husband that would understand how much the woman in his life loves the wonderful products sold here!"

10. Erica3

Erica3New Member

Threads:
    Bath and Body Works. From the lotions is fine, but it is important to buy the brand,according to my experience, do not buy the brand has never sold !

11. bonniea

bonnieaMember

Threads:
    This is my favorite store for lotions and body wash. I also love that they have coupons all the time. You can always get $10 off $30 or $40 purchase. Then they have two annual sales where things go as low as 75% off in January and June. The only thing I don't like is that they change their scents all the time. So if you find one you love, it might be discontinued in a year.

12. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    I like bath and body works, but had stopped going because some of the items I got seemed to be watered down and smelled way to strong. That was a while ago and I haven't been back, but my friend said it might have been an accident or the type I bought. I have never had it happen before then so I will give them another try soon. I'm excited to see what kind of deals and coupons they have, lots of people have been talking about them lately.

LOVE & DEALS
    DH:cool:

13. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I do not buy my lotions, shampoos, and candles from this store anymore. In the past when I entered the store, the sales associates were very rude. They were not helpful. They were just standing around the store with frazzled looks on their faces. Even though I like the scents of the lotions and sprays, I will no longer shop there. I know most stores are not like this. However, the poor customer service has turned me off to their products.

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I won't share recipes, our skin is different and it takes trial and error in that sense. That will be the most expensive it gets, trying to figure out what works for you. Unless your skin is easy, then you'll be saving right away. Just find suppliers. Wholesale fragrance oil distributors will almost always carry the ingredients for bath and body products too (no, you won't need a business number, they sell to the DIY crowd too). You can buy in small quantities to get a feel for it, but once you do, definitely buy in bulk to get the most out of your money. Once you start making everything yourself, you'll see why these other places like BBW is a waste of time.. yours will be cleaner (aside from the fragrances.. not good for anyone, but who can resist) and either smell way better or you'll end up with one of the very fragrances they use. You'll also get an idea for how much they might spend to make something and how inflated their prices are. Especially for products you could easily whip up in your kitchen yourself for pennies,. It's so much fun and truly addicting lol.

15. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I adore B&BW! I love their scents, their variety. I specially LOVE their candles! But they discontinued my all time favorite smell, Wild Honeysuckle. I have others I love, but that one was the best!
    Some of my favorite scents are? Carried Away, Pink Chiffon and Butterfly Flower!

16. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I do love bath and body works...like you said, they're almost never without a sale and their fragrances are great. I especially love their fall and Halloween stuff...pumpkin and spider cider and all their fall candles. However, their customer service leaves SO much to be desired. I've had a horrible experience there that leaves me not wanting to go back at all, to the one near me. I know it doesn't really reflect on the whole company, and I do love their products, so I continue to buy online but I refuse to go back to that store.

17. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I also purchase cologne and hand sanitizer in bath and body works. I don't buy lotion there, because for my lotion I'm using the unscented type. I love buying the small size because I love using different scents every now and then.

18. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I'm one of those people who are pretty much addicted to bath and body works. Whenever they have their he I annual sales I tend to just buy 20-30 items online all at once just because of how the deal is. My favorite items are their hand soaps and body washes because the scents are like heaven in my opinion(haha).

19. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I like B&BW.. but I don't usually buy them. I find them way overpriced. But I like them as gifts, because there are always coupons and such.... especially on Black Friday, they tend to have great sales! I stock up then. ( I do carry a lotion in my purse though!)

20. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I have always shopped at Victoria Secret. My sister introduced me to Bath and Body Works and I like it. Yes, it is cheaper but that doesn't take away from the great scents that they offer. Now, I actually shop there because of the price. ;-)