Bath Gel or Shampoos

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Apr 16, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are little things that annoy me more than a bath gel or a shampoo or even a toothpaste with a too big opening. The goal of this is quite clear, they make the opening so big so that more of their product come out unnecessarily so that we need to buy a new one sooner. My solution to this is simple, I don't buy that product again and that's the end of it!

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never even noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out. I don't use shower gels or commercial shampoos as there are too many ingredients in them that I find highly dubious. Also, a lot of those shower gels are highly perfumed and I can't stand walking around with even the faintest of synthetic smells clinging to my body. Apart from that, I think that a lot of those gels are designed in such a way that they make your skin dry out and you need to buy more products trying to solve that problem. I'd say stick to natural soap and some gentle shampoo from the health food section. You can even use pure castile soap.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No problem, I am glad to help. I just noticed it recently with Dove bath gel, it's a waste honestly, I just press the package and way more than I need comes out, it's really hard to manage. What's pure castile soap?

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never noticed that but I have noticed the exact opposite. I see this with Nair for example and to me that is worse. It's a big effort to get the rest out of it because the way the bottle is designed. I know they do it for the same reason that you are referring to though. I don't understand why they don't just make the bottle smaller instead of making us get frustrated with it.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you like the actual product ,but not the dispenser, why not just put it in a different dispenser? I have my own ceramic liquid soap pump that matches the other ceramic items in my bathroom and I just put the liquid soap of my choice in it. You can buy soap pumps and dispensers or just wash out a bottle that you like and use it. My current dish soap has a great bottle that squeezes out very small drops and makes the dish soap last a long time, so I'm just going to reuse the bottle and put cheap dish soap in it.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My problem is with containers that don't release enough product! I have a bunch of Bath&Body Works body washes and it's really annoying how long it takes for the product to come out. I actually gave up and open the whole lid to get product out instead of waiting for it to come through the little whole. I think it's easier to deal with the ones that release too much product - you simply press less and don't tilt the container as much.

7. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I took a minute to think about the shampoo that I use regularly, and I completely agree with what you're saying. I never really thought about it before, but the opening is so big that it always dispenses more than I need.

8. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is actually not a bad idea, but there are a couple of things that might make it difficult, like finding the dispenser you like and putting the product inside it because there is always some waste when you do that. Good idea though, I'll let it mature inside my head. :)