Bath soaps or shower gel?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Athenagdlyt • May 22, 2014.

1. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Between a bar soap and a shower gel, which one do you favor using daily? I've been a fan of shower gels for many years now, not thinking of the cost value. I just enjoy the various scents and absence of sticky soap residue on my sponge after the each bath.

Although bath soaps have been in the market since forever, shower gel aficionados continue to grow in number. Many favor bar soap for its ease of use and lower price per item. Shower gels are favored for the great variety of scents and moisturizing characteristic.

In terms of savings, which one is more economical to use? Why would you choose one over the other?

2. Gloryontheway

GloryonthewayNew Member

Threads:
    I like the look of a shower gel. I use bar soap. I like Tone due to the cocoa butter. I have tried to use shower gels. My mother only has shower gels in her home. Bar soap to me is thicker and heavier and I can get a good lather right away. The shower gels are thinner and I have to use much more to get the lather that I like to see and feel. I do like the many varieties you can find with shower gels. I also love the different smells from the shower gels. For the smell I like shower gels over bar soap. I think I will keep some shower gels around to see if I can start to like using shower gels.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure which one is more economical but I always use shower gel not just because of the scent. Bar soap is not very efficient. Not only does shower gel moisturize better, I just feel that it makes me feel more clean. I don't trust bar soap on my body.

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I would assume shower gel is more economical because the product is protected by the bottle so nothing will melt away from the steam of the shower. I have also heard people say that you don't need a lot of shower gel to get a good lather. I use both, used to be strictly shower gel, but prefer a bar of soap. There are different types of soap, triple milled is one of them, that lasts longer because if the way it is made. It is more expensive but the quality is superior.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer a bar soap. I love shower gels, but on a daily basis I use bar soaps more. It's more practical I think, to use daily, specially if you are more in a hurry. But when it comes to price, I'm not sure if bar soaps are indeed more economical.... they are cheaper but I find they melt easier than a gel. With the gel you just put what you need on the sponge and close the lid, whereas with a bar soap it gets wet in the shower and melts even if you don't use it.

6. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    Bar soap is definitely cheaper, for sure. But I just don't like them. They just seem unsanitary to me, honestly, and they are very inconvenient. Shower gel is easier and smells better, in my opinion, even if it is a tiny bit pricier. Shower gel is not so expensive that I'd consider switching to bar soap, though.

7. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I go for both. I like the high scents of the bath gel (especially the Victoria Secret ones). Like someone else here said, you can just get a small amount in your hand and get a great lather, its amazing how the bath scrub can get so much! I think you can save quite a lot of money like this. The bath soaps tend to last me about a week and a half before disappearing (not as cost efficient).

8. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't recall the last time I've used a soap in bath, it has been several years since I've switched to shower gel and I really love it. It's way more practical and the available scents are much more diverse, so I can pick a different one whenever I feel like it. I am using Dove Pistachio and it's an amazing scent, I recommend it to everyone! :)

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never been a fan of shower gels and therefore don't buy them. I feel clean after brushing my entire body with a soft brush and using a good natural soap.
    My skin can't tolerate any harsh gels or soaps that contain parabens, sodium lauryl sulphate and all those other nasty ingredients. I only ever like to buy the best quality ofnatural products for my body, and it turns out that they are a lot cheaper than the commercial ones.

10. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannonMember

Threads:
    When taking a shower, I prefer to use shower gel. It just feels better on my skin and gives me a huge selection to choose from. I like the soapy suds I get from shower gels versus barsoaps.

11. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I always, always, always use shower gel. I hate using bars of soap, cause ew, someone else already rubbed that all over themselves, and because I'm seemingly cursed to always drop the dang things! Shower gel is cleaner, feels nicer on my skin, and is miles less expensive then bars of soap. Also, you get more bang for your buck! I do take bars of soap from the hotels I stay in, but I don't use them for washing myself.

12. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I use shower gel. It's easier to bring. Because I travel a lot and rarely stay at one place, it's more convenient for me to have it. Also it's easier to manage. It spreads more more readily throughout the body than a bath soap do.

13. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    On a daily basis, I still prefer using my traditional anti-bacterial soap (Safeguard). It just feels cleaner when you use it. When traveling, however, I find that it's more convenient to actually just bring body wash because you need not deal with messy sticky soap containers. Also, I prefer the body wash from Body Shop because of the smell. I use it when I would like to relax a bit.