Battery Brands You Prefer

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Dec 7, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I never used to notice but lately I've been seeing a bit of a difference in the length of time I'm able to use and run out my batteries depending on which brand they are. I have a night lamp that requires a AAA battery and I find that with the same amount of use I'm able to get more out of Duracell brands instead of Eveready, though to be fair I wasn't too scientific about it so I might just be imagining things.

What brands of batteries do you guys prefer? Which do you think is the best value for money? Do you prefer investing in rechargeable ones, and if so, which brands of those do you think is best?

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer the Energizer and Duracell rechargeable batteries. They last much longer than regular lithium batteries. I found all my chargers at flea markets for $2-3 dollars and save on the rechargeables by buying them online mostly through Ebay that's extra savings. I have cell sizes ranging from AAA to D.

3. Micheleteresa

MicheleteresaMember

Threads:
    I prefer Energizer batteries, they last a long time and I have never had any issues with them leaking when left in things that are not frequently used.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always bought Eveready, since it's cheaper, but I'm sure Duracell and Energizer are better because they are more expensive. I'm a bit hesitant in buying rechargeable batteries though, since mine refused to charge when I stopped using the battery. It's a 9V charger.

5. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    We go with Duracell rechargeable, haven't tried any brands just due to being happy with what Duracell has given us. Seem to last longer and be cheaper than the other main brands out there.

6. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    I prefer Energizer. I've had a few minor engineering projects done this past semester, and my teammates and I found Energizer to be the longest lasting. There are a few other teams that had their batteries go out before the competition. I guess it's lucky we used this brand, and that we brought spares.

7. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I use Energizer lithium batteries for high energy consumption devices like cameras. For general low-use household items like flashlights, I feel that store-brand alkali batteries will suffice.

8. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Energizer and Duracell are absolutely the best battery brands you can buy, with the former holding the edge as top battery brand. Few people realize how weak bargain brands actually are when it comes to disposable batteries. They've been shown to last far shorter in duration than brands like Energizer, and those low consumption batteries that are available for a buck or two are a major waste. Batteries are one of the few things you should pay top dollar for, surprisingly enough.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Duracell, I've tried rechargable batteries to be green and save money, but they always seem to power down faster and aren't as reliable. It depends what the batteries are being used foe. My dad used them for a safe and they ran out and he couldn't open the safe! I told him not to use rechargable for things like that, only for torches and remote controls that you can change quickly.