BB Cream

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Sep 11, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Do you use BB cream? I first learned of this when I was at the makeup section of the mall near our home. The sales assistant told me that I could try using BB cream because it not only acts as a foundation but as a skin repairer as well. It will help manage my acne and cover the scars and discolorations on my face. Anyway, I tried different kinds of BB Cream like the one from Maybelline, The Body Shop, and Etude House. Sadly, they didn't work out well because they just clogged my pores more. What do you think of BB Creams? Can you suggest good brands?

2. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I think BB creams are just a fancy new name for overly tinted moisturizers. I've used some and they're alright but do nothing groundbreaking for my skin or look. They also feel heavy on my face. I have switched back to my moisturizer/primer/foundation routine and it works better for me. I think BB creams are better suited for those who don't wear much makeup and don't like to spend much time using more than one product.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do!! I have tried the Maybelline and L'oreal BB creams, and my favorite out of those 2 is L'oreal. I have yesterday received the CC cream by Clinique to test out and so far I'm loving it as well! I like this kind of product because they already have your SPF and moisturizer on them, so you cut some steps of your routine!

4. jackie1990

jackie1990New Member

Threads:
    I tried BB creams and they didn't work for me either which was a shame. I had seen such positive reviews of them and my friends practically raved about how god they were. I'm starting to resign myself to the fact that maybe its one of those products that wasn't meant to be for me.

#4Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  5. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Rarely. Although BB cream glides on perfectly and for a few minutes makes my skin glow, after a while, my skin turns orange. For whatever reason, regardless of the brand (I've tried three), I get the same results. For this reason, I stick with foundation. The 'oompah-loompa' look doesn't complement anyone.

See what I mean . . .
    hqdefault.

6. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    I've used a generic Korean BB cream and a BB cream from The Face Shop. I like the Face Shop BB cream because I only need to use a little of it to put all over my face. It gives me a nice sheen on my face, and my freckles get covered too. The problem I have with this BB cream is that I get pimples on the same day or the next day! I had to stop using it for my pimples to subside, which made me think that this BB cream is not well-suited for me. Also, it feels so heavy on my face even though I just put in a thin layer.

Next topic is about the generic BB cream I used. I forgot the name, so I apologize. This one is a bit lighter on the face, which is a bonus for me since it does not feel like I have a one-ton block hanging from my skin. It does not give me that nice sheen that The Face Shop BB cream gives me, though, but that's totally fine. Like the first one, I get pimples too, but not as often as The Face Shop BB cream. Both BB creams are not yet used up, so I guess it will take me some time to buy a new one. I am not sure if I will try BB creams ever again. Or, if I do, I might try those at Etude House.

7. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I love my BB cream from Clinique. I agree that it is not that light and coverage and moisturizer in one is probably not they healthiest composition for your skin. But, I like it because it is quick to apply and head out. I also feel that it is better than foundation because of the glowing look it gives.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like using BB creams but they're rather expensive. I simply use an ordinary face cream that's imported from Thailand and sold in various department stores. Surprisingly it only costs a fraction of the price of the cheapest BB cream in many known cosmetics brands.